new to the site and waiting for byopsy results.

Hi
So glad I’ve found this site. Im so scared of what my results will be.
I found a lump in my armpit which my gp said was my lymph node. Ive since found a thickened area on the same breast. Ive been to the breast clinic today where they did an ultrasound, mamogram and took byopsys. I have convinved myself ive got breast cancer and am so scared. I have a little girl who is 2 and cant get it out of my head that I wont be around to see her grow up. I will br going back for my results next Thursday at the nottingham breast clinic.
Rachael xx

answered your other thread but bumping this for you so it doesn’t get lost in the ether.

Hi Rachael, waiting for results is the pits - too many questions and not enough answers. Did the surgeon/radiologist who saw you give you any indication what they thought this might be?
I’m sure you have done some reading on this, but just to reiterate over 80% of biopsies come back benign. To add to this ONLY a biopsy can tell you for sure what is going on in your breast.
Hopefully you will get a benign result and can breathe a sigh of relief and begin to get past tis horrible experience, but if by a small chance you do get bad news remember BC is now very treatable - just take a look around these forums and see how many women are fighting this and making it through. It’s not easy, but it’s doable for the majority. Take a look at that little one of yours, and remind yourself that you would fight tooth and nail for your child, which means you will fight tooth and nail for yourself too because that little one needs you. Take a breath, i’ll bet you are tougher than you think, whatever you might be facing. Take care and be kind to yourself.

I am in exactly the same position. I had a lump in my right armpit which came up in pregnancy and my baby is 6 weeks old and I still have it. I went to the breast clinic and they did the same and I am awaiting results on Tuesday. I am petrified as like you I have one very young baby and a 7 year old. The consultant also freaked me out by staying they were concerned with what they saw. This has to be the worst the waiting and not knowing. All sorts of crazy thoughts are going through my head and its hard to keeP sane. my results are Tuesday so I will keep you posted and fingers crossed will both be fine. Xxx

Well ladies, we went for my results today. Biopsy tested positive for cancer. Just can’t believe it. My surgeon said it is hormone receptive. They are doing an mri on Tuesday to double check the size but they believe it is 2cm. She said they are hopefull for a lumpectomy then radio and possibly chemo. So so scared but they have been really positive. Just cant believe this has happened to us. We lost our first daughter 3 years ago to a rare complication with the placenta and now this happens. Life is so cruel.

Hi Rachel

I am sorry to read your news and am sure your fellow users will be along soon with support, in addition our helpline re opens after the Bank holiday weekend on Tuesday at 9 am so please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000, lines are usually open 9-5 during weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

You may find the following link to the BCC ‘just diagnosed’ web page useful as you will find lots of information and further support ideas:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis?utm\_source=Homepage&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=diagnosis

Take care

Lucy