New to this elite club - just wanted to say hi

Hi to all those with sore boobie , i have just come through the other side after 2 weeks of itchy sore, smelly through skin thrush, painful experience… with no help or sympathy from my Breast Care Nurses. At first i thought I could cope with this but as the days went on the pain and red sore itchy skin reduced me to tears. A couple of tips to every one buy a couple of the gel filled eye masks and keep them in the fridge and rotate them.They mold beautifully to your boob and the soothing effect is fantastic.I also used greek yogurt this also helped but not the most attractive look but who cares it helps. As neither of these have any medication in them and will not clash with the treatment.
In the end the pain became to much and I contacted a work colleague who is a tissue viability nurse and she gave me some ActiFormCool dressing, 5 x5 its a blue gel type dressing used for burns that is not stick so it wont damage your already very sore skin, she cut this in half and put under my boobie. I had a tiny tingling sensation at first but with in no time the relief was amazing. You can get this on script from your Dr. I COULD OF KISSED HER… and my skin has now started to at last resemble some thing normal.
hope this helps… Good Luck Everyone n Keep COOL.

Hello Poemsgalore, thanks, its good to get an idea of what route other peope have taken. I get my results on the 26th so trying to ‘relax’ until then. How is the chemo going for you so far?
BlondieK28, it sounds lke you’ve had a tough time. Its terrible that you didn’t get the support you need from your BCN. Is there anyone you can talk to about that? Can you switch to another one? I’m not sure what’s possible I suppose it depends on the clnic. I’ve been really lucky with mine, she’s fantastic and I think it makes all the difference. I got my drain out yesterday, it wasn’t doing much anyway, and we decided not to redress the breast, with just a light dressing under arm. I’ve been a bit sorer since and I was up in the night, and had to take a tramadol, but I think its just because I’ve been trying to do a bit more. I’ve got a bit of swelling in my arm too, nothing that you can see but I can feel it.
I’ve only been signed off work for 3 weeks, going back the day after I get my results, but I can’t see that happening!
Big hugs to everyone.

Hi everyone
Panacea - I think most of us on the forum have had to wait around a bit which is the hardest part so far… Or at least it is for me. I had WLE and ANC on 4th Jan, then a further WLE on 1st Feb. Am seeing consultant and onc next week & expect to start chemo 2-3 weeks after that. I don’t know why we are called ‘patients’ - I’m definitely not! I’m sure it will all start moving ahead soon & my OH keeps telling me to make the most of my time off work. My dr signed me off work for 2 weeks after 2nd op, but has said that he will sign me off again if he doesn’t think I’m up to going back. We will see.

BlondieK28 - That sounds dreadful. Did you see your own GP? Nobody should have to put up with that level of pain or discomfort.
Take care
X