New to this

Hi everyone.

My name’s Emma, I’m 34 and a married mum of one.  I have a family history of cancer in general, and some breast specific (my Nan died at 35 from it and my mum has just completed radiotherapy for it age 62). Having had fibroadenoma in the past as well, I submitted a genetics form and have been recommended mammograms from age 40.

I have been suffering with a lot of tenderness/pain and thickening in my left breast for about 2 months now and finally saw GP this morning, who has referred me to the breast clinic.

Not really focusing on the “what ifs”, best to think positive! No point worrying about what it might be, until its clear what it is.  It does feel good to write it all down though!

Emma x

Hi Emma and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you will find here, our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Emma

Sorry you find yourself here. But you’re right… It does feel good to write things down. Staying positive is great, if you can. If you can’t be positive all the time, this is a great place to come for support.

You will possibly have a few ups and downs while you’re waiting, but that’s perfectly normal. As soon as you feel you need it, come on here to get things off your mind, or even have a good old rant!

Take care for now. Love Mel. xx