Evening ladies. I was diagnosed this week :frowning:
I am mid 30’s with no family history.
Currently breeding my 12 week old baby and have another young child. Completely heart broken. In a bit of a daze but the plan at the moment seems to be chemo first to try and shrink it and then remove without hopefully removing whole breast, does this seem right? Seeing oncologist on Mon. Thanks in advance for replies xxx

Hello, sorry to see you here. I am 28 and was diagnosed with no family history too. The worst time is always following diagnosis but it does get easier after you receive your treatment plan. They are many women on here who have had chemo first as part of their plan and it can often be followed by a Wide Local Excision or Lumpectomy to remove just the lump and conserve the breast.

This forum has been great for me and I’m sure you will meet many women on here with the same treatment plan as yourself.

Once you see your Oncologist on Monday, I’m sure you’ll feel better once you know what the next steps are.

You will be fine. Ask as many questions on here in the meantime, we’re all here to help each other.

Take care xxx

so sorry to hear  . . . I can’t comment on the treatment plan as you will need to work with your medical team for that, but I would very much recommend you get a copy of the Jane Plant book . . . Your Life in Your Hands (available on Amazon) . . .  it was a revelation for my friend who had a similar occurrence to you and i have followed her guidance in my own treatment plan (not the same as yours)

Good Luck and most important - stay positive in your mind.  This will make a huge difference.  Try to surround yourself with people who are easy to talk to, whom you like and connect well with - push hard for the right team to support you (after all this is your life we are talking about!) and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t sit right with you.

good luck

x

Hi dh

So sorry that you have had to join us, it really is a bleep this cancer. I was diagnosed in January and have sought a great deal of help from this forum so hopefully you will too. I have coped quite well but have learnt recently that nothing can be assumed we are all individual. I have not had chemo yet still wait for further surgery but if im honest really want it to start asap (cannot imagine I would be writing that 6 months ago!!)

You are not alone, im 37 and no family history, still think why me?? Wont ever get that answer so not to be dwelled upon. 

Take care 

Louise xxxxx

Thank you. It is my babies I am most scared for. One has her own problems and needs extra care and the other is only 12 weeks old. I don’t want to leave them.

Hi dh and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you have found here please feel free to call our helpline for further practical and emotional support, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

You may find the following link to the BCC ‘Younger women’ support and information pages helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi dh,

It made me cry reading your post. You should be enjoying time with your new baby not having to go through this s–t.  All I can say is that the time you are spending with your baby is so special and you won’t get this back - so use this to keep you focused.  You WILL get through the cancer and whatever treatment you need and this nasty disease wants to take away your beautiful memories with your baby - don’t let it!   Jackie xx

Hi Dh I’m am recently diagnosed too but cancer is quite large so need mastectomy. Although glad to be getting rid of cancer I’m a bit worried how it will affect me psychologically. I am quite a strong person and will take each day as it comes. So sorry you have to deal with this while your babies are so young. Stay strong and get support we can do this!!