Newly diagnosed and confused

Loopyles - so sorry you’ve had a terrible time but you finally got what you wanted- that’s great. Take it easy and all the very best to you

jane333 - I hope you get your reconstruction soon- Have you spokenb to your consultant about how unhappy you are yet? - Luckily I don’t have to have radiotherapy otherwise I would have had to wait too. I could have gone with the option of a delayed recon but wanted to get as much done as possible while I had the chnce.

araminta9 and OAL - my node scar itself feels ok - not sore at all - I’ve got the problem with sensitivity half way down my upper arm where my arm touches my side. Its just odd - I have been pressing it and when I do it does seem to ease off for a little while. Might give my breast care nurse a ring if it doesn’t get any better.

hi Jane
had mx 29th march this year- 3 tumours and no option . felt traumatised and radio followed .asked to see plastics straight away .was told that I could be considered from 6 months [Nov11] in the mean time I have had a breast reduction/ lift yesterday from an e/f cup to a d cup -very pert and not too sore ! means I will have a smaller prostthesis and I feel better about myself than before . Have decided to go for Diepp abdo recon as angio has shown good vascular supply -organised for Jan 12 as have two girls at home and want a surgery free xmas. Get back to the hospital and let them know what you want…it is time for you to begin to feel you have a say in your health!
best wishes to all undergoing this long journeyx

Thanks for replys i will start to look into again.And wish all well who having it done.What happens to your good breast as i dont want one perk and one floppy lol.Its the top of the chest i hate such deep dent.My tops i have has to be high.and hate leaning over see down top as the bit we put in weighs so much makes bra fall forward.ahhhhh