Newly diagnosed triple negative

Good morning Ladies,

I was diagnosed TN about a week ago and my head is in a tailspin. I have already seen the surgeon who directed me to see my onc to get my treatment plan and have an MRI on both breast. As it stands from what the surgeon says I’m about a 1A and the mass is about 1 cm. I am so completely terrified! I have done my best to stay away from the internet pertaining to TN because the gloomy info out there is breaking my heart. I just wanted to reach out to some ladies who understand where I am and can help encourage me with their courageous stories. Thank you for lessoning and I think this forum may be the bright spot of my day.

Hi Tisha

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site, who I am sure will be along soon to help.

In the meantime could I suggest you give our helpline team a call and talk through with them your worries and concerns, they’re here to support you through this.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines are open now until 5pm today (weekdays) and 10-2 Saturdays.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi, I had a 20mm DCIS removed in January and within the Breast tissue that was removed they found 4mm of grade 3 invasive cancer which is also triple negative. The surgeon and the nurse said it was “nothing to worry about because it was so small”, but like you I looked it up on the Internet and was quite shocked with what I read. When I spoke to the Oncologist to discuss radiotherapy he also gave me the option of having chemo. It was a no brainier to me, so I am having my first lot of FEC on Saturday.

Good luck with your chemo tomorrow.

I have also recently been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer, I have on 5 cm tumour with spreading to the lymph nodes. I had my first FEC yesterday (I am having neoadjuvant chemo). So far the side effects haven’t been to bad. Some nausea but they have given me a lot of tablets for that so mainly I have just been very tired and my head seems to be working in slow motion.

Hello
I was diagnosed stage 2 grade3 IDC 10th April. I had lumpectomy and AND ( 2 out of 23 nodes involved) was so euphoric at hearing only 2 when I got my results pretty much blotted out everything else. I need another op as right on edge of margin small amount of DCIS found. But its only just registered im TN and I have completely fallen apart today, these past 7 weeks have worn me out Im like I cant do this anymore and this is before chemo. It is uplifting to hear good news and know you are not the only one going through this. I just feel like its just one lot of bad news after another, although my cancer team werent concerned at all by the TN result. x

Thank you Tisha
My husband and all my friends and family have been great, although he was a bit angry with me today for being negative but understood. It was my daughters wedding on the 26th May and I went all out that day to make it memorable. I only told her and my other daughter at the beginning of May as I hadnt wanted it to put a dampener on her day, but trying to keep it secret was too much for everyone and she was fine and relieved she knew.
Im disappointed that I need the other op, and had been gearing up to start chemo, which the thought of does scare me. But as you say, little steps. I hope all is ok with you and it is good to get positive feedback. Thank you for being there and the same applies. And yes, Im trying to stay off the Internet! x