newly diagnosed

newly diagnosed I have started this topic on behalf of new user June

Kind Regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 1st may 07, have has 2 operations wide local incision & mastectomy, have hormone cancer so no chemo or rad treatment just tamoxophen for 5 year, have been coping ok have had good days and some very bad days, partner has been brilliant, but am really worried now, as I have found a lump on my remaining breast, didn’t want to tell my partner but district nurse said I was best to, so I plucked up the courage and told him, don’t know why I was scared, he was brilliant, am going to see oncologist Thursday for prosthetics, prior to reconstruction, but am worried I will have to go through this all over again, don’t think I’ve got the strength to do it again, not sure what I want think I just need reassurance, which my partner gives me but feel i need something else,

Dear June

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care forums, I am sure you will receive valuable information and support from your fellow forum users very soon. In addition, you are welcome to contact our freephone helpline on 0808 800 6000, where you are able to talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling at the moment and the worries you have regarding the decision you are trying to make. The line is open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturdays 9am - 2pm

Breast Cancer Care have recently published a Resources Pack which you may find helpful to read, it is filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. You can download it from the following link or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you via the helpline:

breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

Kind Regards
Katie
Breast Cancer Care

I was diagnosed with two areas of high grade DCIS four days ago and am waiting for an appointment to be told what kind of surgery and additional treatment is planned.

Since being recalled from routine screening at the end of May I’m finding the waiting times between each stage of assessment extremely stressful; I’m having sleeping difficulties and, frankly, finding it hard to function normally right now. I’m quite sure these problems must be experienced to some degree by everyone in this situation.

I’ve been reading the posts here for quite a while and it’s good to see the information and support available.