NHS Medical Exemption Certificate



I thought I would put this on as a separate post for those of you who will be embarking on hormone tablets as part of your treatment.  You are entitled to a free NHS Medical Exemption Certificate, which you can get from your GP Surgery, you just complete it, give it back to the receptionist, they will get your GP to sign it and send it off for you.  About 7 days later you will get a card through the post.


All you have to do is present this to the chemist when you collect your hormone tablets and any other medication you might be on as they are covered on this for as long as you are on hormone tablets.  Obviously when you reach 60 yoru prescriptions are free any way.



Good that you posted this Ladybowler. No one told me this and I paid for my prescription for a year before someone mentioned it to me.