No Eyelashes/Brows Still!

Completely forgot that I use Optive eyedrops on prescription for dry eyes anyway as a matter of course so probably didn’t associate the benefits of them when I had tears running down my face!

Obviously, not a lot of point wearing eye make-up either as it ends up running down your face so coupled with the tears and snotty nose it is not a good look!!!

Let me know how you get on, but it will eventually ease off after a good couple of weeks.

Oh dear, I thought I was doing OK, til I saw this! I finished chemo on April 2nd and have only JUST got what pass for eyebrows and eyelashes. Certainly couldn’t put mascara on over Christmas. Hair on head is OK, but no hair on arms (good!) and hardly any on legs (goodish, but a few long hairs are not a good look).

Just shows how different we all are.

Annie

Oh Etihned poor you…I know exactly how you feel and actually posted a thread about this. I had watery eyes which drove me mad for about 5 weeks after my last chemo- I was puffy and sore for a while then all of a sudden they stopped watering. I used hypromellose eye drops on prescription or from the chemist, it did help soothe a little.
My eye lashes are growing nicely now and eyebrows could do with a tidy but my head hair although thicker doesn’t seem to have grown any longer. I’ve booked a trim in 4 weeks to see if this might help stimulate it!
Mazzalou, how are your hairy bits doing if you don’t mind me asking!!

Bev x

Well you are certainly not one to beat about the bush now, are you Bev? Actually given your question perhaps I have used an unfortunate choice of phrase!!!

I have to confess - I couldn’t stand being mistaken any longer for the one in Morecambe and Wise with the short, fat hairy legs and had to take to the bathroom with razor in hand. I emerged hours later with hair-free legs and I am now frantically knitting myself a wig with my leg-hair!!!

The eyelashes are coming along nicely, but not enough to warrant mascara just yet, and my eyebrows still look very sparse.

I had a head-hair trim last week to get rid of the fuzzy-wuzzy baby hairs and my hair does look better for it as it looks darker now that the grey frizz has gone. My hairdresser said that I will probably need another couple of goes before all my hair is REAL hair, and not the wispy baby hair.

Our head hair is probably growing faster than we think but because we keep checking up on it we don’t notice it in the same way that others do.

I did have a lot of cradle-cap on my scalp initially, but I have been massaging in almond oil and leaving it on for a couple of hours, before washing it off with E45 medicated shampoo which has cleared it. So now I have a nice clean, healthy scalp on which to grow my lustrous locks once more!

Keep me posted on your hair-growing efforts, Bev and hope that your eyes are feeling a bit better now, Eithned.

Mazzalou x

hi all
i finished tax march 2010 and i still have no eyebrows!!!
im considering semi permenant eyebrows but its sooo expensive
and im a bit scared incase they do one wrong lol
anyone know anyone whos done this?

Hi am on herceptin my eye lashes hve grew a bit but not very noticeable just seen an old photo and wat a difference i lok with long lashes. Will they grow bk to there original length r is there any thing that helps them grow. Any tips wud be gr8 ??

My hair has grew back grey and curly will this be the way it stays thgh am happy that it grew back ??

I’m not sure but to get thicker eyelashed and eyebrows, let’s try coconut oil. I think everyone all know about amazing properties of coconut oil often used in beauty tips as well as herbal treatments. 

Place a little amount of warm coconut oil on the fingertips

Rub it on the eyebrows and then massage it nicely for some times to foster the blood circulation

Keep it on overnight

Wash it off with warm water next morning when waking up

You need to use a cotton swab moistened by 1 or 2 drops of coconut oil to apply for eyelashes.

Castor oil or almond oil also works. 

authorityremedies.com/how-to-grow-thicker-eyebrows/

This is an old thread but I still want to share something here for someone who needs now.

I started Chemo Jan 12/16.  I had 8 rounds of chem…the last 4 were docetaxel. About 2 weeks after my first chemo I started losing my hair…from all my body.  I finished chemo the end of June and here it is Feb 2017 and I have about 3 cm of hair on my haed and still no eyebrows and a few eye lashes.  I find this so frustrating…I thought by now I would have my eyebrows back.  I am on Letrozole…wondering if that slows down hair growth.

Hi All,

I finished Chemo in Nov 2016.

I lost all my hair (including eyelashes and eyebrows). Started to see some regrowth in Jan and used something called RevitaLash on my stubby lashes. They grew back really quickly (in 2 weeks) and are as long as there were before chemo now.

My eyebrows also grew back as they were before, but weirdly, I have just started loosing by brows again (5 months after I finished chemo).

I’m going to speak to my breastcare nurse to see if this is normal, but would be good to hear if anyone else has also experienced this too?

Thanks,

Emma

Oh my eyebrows grew along with my hair too, but also fading on the 5th month after chemo. My confidence is just going back down as I’m scared the same thing happens to my hair… I still have to have radiotheraphy, I hope that doesn’t make things worst ?

Hi

I’m 5 months post FEC/TAX and my eyelashes and eyebrows are not fully back yet. 

Hair is growing steadily though. 

Leg hair definitely 

Hope that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi!
I finished chemo mid May. Hair started returning sort of beginning of July.  Eyebrows soon after.  I was worried about my eyelashes as they didn’t start to reappear until maybe the end of July and then they were straight and pointing downwards!!  I had a lash lift middle of August and they looked brilliant!!  Unfortunately leg, underarm and facial hair all came back about the same time   Handy hint: Rimmel Wonder Extension mascara is amazing! Best I’ve ever used!

Hi

I finished my chemo in September 2020 and I still have no eye lashes and brows my hair has grown but it’s very thin nothing like pre treatment 

I’m also interested in how long others have taken to grow back