Nobody I can talk to about how the anniversary and yearly screening is making me feel

@aly0120

Just reading my post back it looks a bit trite . I remember between my failed procedure the confirmation that it had failed I thought about my Mum a lot . I had a kind of PTSD where I couldn’t stop reliving the last couple of months of her life which then morphed into thoughts about my BC and back again - I thought I was losing it completely . In the day I kept busy and was mostly ok but some evenings were awful. Via work I have access to a crisis counseling line and I ended up calling it one night and it was really helpful - so it might help to speak to someone . The stage that you’re at can be a confusing time anyway because your active treatment is almost at an end and often there’s an expectation that you will feel relieved and happy but even without bereavement as you say you still don’t feel like yourself . There are many threads about this on here - you’re not alone . If you’re offered a Holistic Needs Assessment by your BCN that might be helpful and possibly the Moving Forwards course via Breast Cancer Now in a month or two . Xx

2 Likes

Hello! Most of us completely understand how you are feeling; you are not alone, although I’m so sorry you are feeling this way. I get the panic attacks as well. I’ve just read through my diaries of last year - as if that’s going to help! I wonder if it would help you to be able to talk to someone who’s gone through the same thing? BCNow run this service of connecting people together…Also, on a completely practical note, this may help. The Royal College of Anaesthetists has created some new calming hypnotherapy exercises (available on its website, if these links don’t work). [Preparing your mind before surgery 7]
(Preparing your mind before surgery | The Royal College of Anaesthetists) Best of luck, and try contacting BCN for a phone call or Macmillan if you need a chat. They are brilliant.

2 Likes

Great news @Lisa65 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Lisa65 Lisa that’s great news. Well done you - doing the happy dance for you xx

1 Like

I wish I could go with you and have my arm around you the entire. I’m really do

1 Like

@loulou1 It would be great if we could all do that for each other wouldn’t it!

Lxx

1 Like