NOT AGAIN SO SOON!

NOT AGAIN SO SOON!

NOT AGAIN SO SOON! Hi Guys,
Really need your friendly ears today - Last friday had my 1st 3 monthly check with the breast surgeon after finishing my Herceptin in late Feb 07. (Had lumpectomy/mastectomy, chemo and herceptin, diagnosed Aug 05) - . I had found a small lumpy area a couple of weeks ago and although the surgeon didn’t feel it I had to point it out. Proceeded to have mammogram, ultrasound, the full mashings AGAIN - The mammogram and ultrasound showed no changes since my last one 2 years ago and I was overjoyed. BUT the surgeon wanted the area biopsied ‘just to be sure’.

I’m now playing the waiting game again and I’m devastated. Surely lightening can’t strike twice so soon. The surgeon thinks its just fatty tissue as I’ve recently lost a stone and thats why i’ve noticed it but he wanted to be sure!

I’m terrified - hopefully the results will be in tomorrow but I’m a complete wreck. I’m trying to keep it together but its hard. I had always prepared myself that it would come back one day, I don’t know why, but I really didn’t expect it to be this soon.

Sorry to be going on guys, but it just helps to put my thoughts down on paper.

Will let you know how the results go.
Clemy X

Dear clemy Sorry to read that you are having such a difficult time at the moment. If you would like to speak to someone in confidence either before or after your appointment today, please feel free to contact our freephone confidential helpline on 0808 800 6000. The helpline opens at 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am-2pm Saturday. The helpliners are either breast care nurses or have had experience of breast cancer and can offer you support, information and a ‘listening ear’.

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

hope it went ok hi hope the results were ok, its very scary when you think its returned ,i think thats whats on everyones mind constantly after this disease, hopefully it will be as the surgeon thinks and be ok i wish you well .let us know . love lynn x

Clemy - keep calm - I know exactly how you are feeling. We are so vulnerable after BC. From what you say it sounds innocent but do please let us know. Thinking of you and sending you a big hug.

Hi Clemy,

It is so awful waiting for results. Hopefully yours will be good news. We’re all thinking of you.

Do let us know how you get on.

Lucy x

WHAT A RELIEF Thanks guys for all your support.

Results are in!!! - I’m OK - my god what a relief. I can honestly say that finding out my results were ok was 4 times worse than finding out they weren’t.

I’m so thankful for all your good thoughts, - there was only fatty breast tissue found - just on routine recall again now every 3 months.

Have holiday coming up to Gran Canaria in 2 weeks, can really enjoy that now.

Will be in touch soon.

Keep posting, it helps us all
Clemy X

So good to read good news

have a fantastic time in Gran canaria - you deserve it