noticeable difference in size

noticeable difference in size

noticeable difference in size Has anyone else who has had a lumpectomy noticed that the size difference becomes more obvious as time goes by?
I had a lumpectomy followed by chemo and rads in 04 and am taking tamoxifeen…admitedly i have gained some weight…does that mean that the ’ good ‘’ boob gets bigger but the ''bad ‘’ one stays the same???

karen

Size in Difference Hi Karen

I had a lumpectomy/node removal in November 2005 followed by chemo, rads and now Herceptin.

I too have gained some weight since then, but have noticed the opposite. My boobs have gone bigger (weight always goes there for me) but my “bad” boob has filled out so that it no longer looks odd. My lump was just where the unwire on the bra sits.

Sandra

Hi I too had lumpectomy/node removal, chemo and rads. I had 2 small tumours which likewise were just where the underwire of a bra would be. There is a difference in size and I was offered a prothesis because, as the BCN said I am not asymmetrical,(not sure bout spelling). But to be honest, no one notices any difference and when I wear a bra, there really isn’t a difference. Perhaps its because I’m not v big busted. I refused because I’m quite happy as I am.

Saffire xx

me too… …i’m small busted too and i don’t really care if people do notice…i’m happy as i am too…my scar runs from just under my arm…not very big scar but wires in bras end right on it so their a definete no no.

karen