Ok, I am trying not to worry

Hi again,

I have been trying not to worry about all this but have spent the last few days reading many of your posts and my heart goes out to you all, especially those who have been newly diagnosed.

I have until next Wednesday before I see the doctor again… I finish my antibiotics on Monday. I am hoping that will clear everything up. My hubby is great in that he’s very supportive but I think he feels I shouldn’t be worried because I have had so many lumps (7, inc. 2 removed, scans, aspiration/biopsy) over the years and he feels that there’s no reason to think this lump will be any different.

I guess I am more worried this time because not only am I older and have a lump, I have bleeding and I have some leakage from the other breast and swollen glands. However, when I hugged my toddler today the one breast (w/bledding areola and lump) really hurt so I guess that’s a good sign, isn’t it? That it IS an infection if it hurts?

I think that over the years I have always wondered if I am MORE likely to have BC one day because I get so many lumps… or whether because I get lots of lumps I am less likely. I once asked the doctor and he didn’t commit either way.

Anyway, I just felt like talking to others facing some of the same issues as I am trying my hardest to stay positive but I just don’t feel it! Thanks for listening.

Nanny it must always be in the back of your mind and it is perfectly normal for you to feel worried - dont think you would be human if you didnt worry.

There is nothing anyone can say on here to make it better for you but please know that myself and others are rooting for you and wishing you all the best.

Let us know how you get on
Sending hugs
Fiona

Hi Nanny

It is natural to worry and fear the worst, and nothing I or anyone can say will alleviate your fears or put your mind at rest, until you have been told by the professionals. Just take each day as it comes for now and try not to worry too much (easy said I know).

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you and thinking of you.

Take care
Love
Dawn
x

Hi Nanny,

Hope your feeling ok today. I understand what you are saying about having lumps in the past and finding new ones. I had one removed 16 months ago, and have just had a new one biopsied yesterday. My family are all assuming its the same and I’m silly to worry, so I’m trying to put a brave face on it, but behind closed doors I’m terrified.

I dont think that past lumps make you more susceptible to cancer from what I’ve read so far, but it still doesn’t do anything to ease the worry!

H x

Thank you all for your kind comments. Spent the day today with hubby’s family so that kept me distracted! It was also my birthday earlier this week. So I have been trying to keep myself busy :slight_smile:

I am doing ok and faithfully taking my antibiotics. Still have pain at times and the lump is still there at the moment but I have a few more days yet for that to get better.

My thoughts are with all of you who are playing the waiting game for results.

Take care,
Nanny

hi there nanny!!!

I hope you are feeling ok!! I had really sore boobs and was told cancer of the breast dosnt hurt …got some very strong antibiotics and it worked!!! I am here for an unrelated issue now! But it made my glands swell and breast ached like tooth ache!!! So hope thats all you have and wishing you well xxxxx

hi nanny sending poss thoughts will be with you all the way
love
cee