OUR 50TH ANNIVERSARY

On 22nd July my Husband and I celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversay. (I was a child bride at 17). We are having our family and friends to celebrate with a Dinner at a lovely Hotel. I am 2 and a half years since diagnosis,had a few problems along the way and still using a VAC for my wound. My Mum of 95 was diagnosed in 1982 and had mastectomy etc.Another mastectectomy in her 80`s. This site has been my saviour when I have been down, always someone there to put me at ease. We have decided that instead of presents all our guests are donating to Breast Cancer Care. So many inspiring stories, so much help and such lovely people. My husband keeps saying he deserves a medal after 50 years, but Breast Cancer Care also deserves a medal for the work they do.
Pam

Hi Pam

Thank you so much for your kindness. On behalf of the moderation team here at BCC we hope you have a lovely day celebrating your Golden Wedding Anniversary.

Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Millions of congratulations and wow 50 years, that has made me smile widely today and just totally warms my heart.

I wish the most fabulous day for you both when you celebrate with your family and friends.

Enjoy
Bev x

Dear Pam and Mr Pam!!

Many congratulations! Well done and what a lovely idea to give us your gifts!! THANK YOU!!

Sadie Xx Xx

Hi Pam thats a lovely idea congratulations to you both have a fabulous time :slight_smile:

love & hugs
Mekala x

What a lovely story! I sincerely wish you both a truly wonderful anniversary - that’s true love, married so young and for so long…

And how kind and generous of you both to donate to BCC- you are an inspiration!
have a great day XXXX

What a lovely post Pam. Congratulations and happy anniversary! xx

Congratulations Pam and hubby, thank you for sharing your story with us and also the donations that your guests are giving. Enjoy your meal together, wishing you all the best, God bless and many more years together xxxxx

Pam, congratulations to you and your husband. 50 years…wow.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes, I cant believe its been 50 years. Hoping to get my VAC off next week so I can wear something decent, it might only be temporary but at least I wont be wired up and carrying my Radley round 24/7. The consultant has been wonderful and understanding that I want to look normal for our anniversary. I will update on the amount of donations after the event.
Pam xxx