Pain in right breast al pl the time

Im reaching out as a little concerned about the pain in my right breast LHS near sternum. 

I’m 48 and have this constant pain for weeks now, it’s there All the time. Firstly, I thought I might of knocked it but i really don’t think I have.  I can feel a lump close to the rib/breast which is sore to touch and if pressed it hurts even more. There is some puckering to the LHS top part of the right breast as well. I did have a routine mammogram in 2014 and was told I have very lumpy breasts anyway and everything was clear. 8 months down the line surely nothing could happen in the space of time??

I have been on HRT for 13 years following a hysterectomy and have a mother who had hormone based breast cancer 8 yrs ago, she again had been on HRT for over 20 years. Surely, if it’s breast cancer the lump / pain wouldn’t be there? 

I have an appointment at doctors next week but I am jumping the gun here and it’s nothing but old age creeping in? 

Dear Peggylady5

Welcome to the BCC forum where I’m sure you’ll find some support from fellow members.

While you are waiting for your GP appointment and some replies, you might also find it helps to call our Helpline for some information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator