pain under my arm

pain under my arm

pain under my arm Hi everyone, this will be my first post, only wish the helpline was open now.
I had breast cancer in my right breast 6 years ago, had a mastectomy followed by chemo and have since had a reconstruction done, alls well I thought, however for the past 2 weeks I’ve had a slight tenderness in my left breast and pain under my arm, checked and found no lumps, no swelling or redness but I’m absolutely terrified that it’s come back.

I know I should have gone to the docs sooner but I really didn’t think it was anything to worry about, just thats its been a while and its still there, I am due to go for a check up on Monday regarding my last bit of reconstruction but was just wondering if anyone else had suffered this, I’ve been through the menopause, last period was 6 years ago so I can’t see it being linked to hormones.

Any advice would help. Lisa

Don’t panic Hello Lisa. I do sympathise as I know how awful the waiting is and these things always seem to happen over a weekend don’t they.

Of course you need to get this checked out as soon as possible but try not to panic.

I diagnosed with bc last December and have had a lumpectomy and am one third of the way through chemo. But before my diagnosis I had many many years of painful breasts which were completely benign - sometimes lumps which could be felt and sometimes painful areas where nothing could be felt. I’m way past the menopause by the way.

so be sure to get checked out just as soon as you can but in the meantime try not to panic - it could be nothing at all.

Let us know what happens.
thinking of you
Anthi