Painful joints and muscles

Good Evening Ladies

I am due for a mastectomy on Friday. I had two WLI with no clear margins hence the mastectomy. Since my second WLI I have been suffering from lots of aches and pains in all my joints and muscles, from my neck to my ankles!! I rang my BCN but she had no answer for me. Has anyone had the same please? My chemo finished at the end of June and I did have some of the same symptoms during chemo but this is far worse. Thanks Mel x

Hi Mel
I started a thread about this just a few days ago, come and share your experiences with us?

share.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33372

did you have taxotere by any chance?

xx

not sure if links work on here, the thread is called Constant aching joints and muscles - one year on
(or something like that)

Hi
I finished my chemo in may and I am still suffering from sore joints and muscles especially first thing in the morning or if I have been sitting. I have been told that it could take a while for this to get better. Excercise is supposed to help but I struggle to walk a distance never mind anything else, this is really annoying me as I was always very active and went at 90 miles an hour but hey ho we will get there
I hope everything goes well on Friday for you
Lizz xx

Thank you so much for your posts, I was convinced that my cancer had spread!

Nat the link works so I will join you there.

Liz, I too whizzed around at top speed and in my head I’m thinking I can still do that! My passion is cooking and not being able do this, well frustration doesn’t cover how I feel.

Once again thank you, Mel x