pains 6 months after mx

I had mx end Aug 2015 and am still suffering from awful pains outside of arm, underarm, shoulder and my trap muscles from bottom of shoulder blade to bottom of neck. I also get a very strange sensation across my chest when I am in bed. It’s like the sensation you get when you see someone having an op or when you go on a roller coaster!!It wakes me up on a night. Anyone else affected this way?
I am also on letrozole and having accupuncture for the side effects. My hot flushes are ever hour and are so hot I feel quite ill with them . I also have very bad pains in knees and ankles and take codeine and paracetamol. I have always been good at dealing with pain but this is a lot harder to cope with.
Also, I was an avid gym bunny before my op… going 6 days a week. I have joint hypermobility which I could control with core strength and weight exercises. However, because I was unable to exercise as before for a couple of months , I have lost all my core strength and Hereford control over my joint hyper! I am trying to carryon but it’s so difficult now and causes me so much pain. I just wish they had told me how this op would affect someone like me. They don’t seem to take into account your lifestyle and other problems you have.

Hi ann61, 

Welcome to the forum although I am very sorry that you have found yourself here and are going through this difficult time. 

You may also want to take a look at and post in our Hormone Therapy board where there are some users already discussing letrozole. 

In the meantime please do call ourhelpline who will be able to talk to you about the pain you are experiencing, exercise and letrozole. You can reach them at 0808 800 6000 and the opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy