Pains following radiotherapy

Pains following radiotherapy

Pains following radiotherapy Hi everyone,

Just finished 25 sessions of radiotherapy, and from about half way through have had pain under my arm when stretching, also in ribs. Terrified that IT’s back, but wonder (hope!!) if it’s muscular as it seems to be ‘pulling’ when I lift my arm above my head. Wondered if anyone had experienced similar, would be really grateful to hear what you think.

Love to all, Jean xx

Jean I had 15 rads finishing on 14th November, my arm is the same. I also had odd twinges and back pain, like you thinking *it* had come back agai elsewhere, but the back pain has gone now

So perhaps it’s all part and parcel of the treatment

Hugs
marge
xx

Helpline Hi Jean

I am sorry to hear you are going through a worrying time. Often with enquiries like this our helpline can be the best source of information and support.

You can call the helpline on 0808 800 6000
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

They can talk through the complexities of different treatments and conditions and I am sure you would be able to clarify some of the questions you have.

I hope this helps and please carry on posting to the forums as I am sure you will find plenty of help and support from our users.

Best wishes
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

rib pain Dear Jean

I’ve just had 30 sessions of radiotherapy and have also had pain in my ribs, front and back and also pain along my arm when I stretch. I’m convinced this is caused by radiotherapy affecting cells and therefore muscles and tendons. It’s 3 weeks since I finished and nearly all pain has gone. Hope this is the same for you.

Love Jenny

Pains following radiotherapy Hi everyone,

Thanks for your helpful replies, you’ve certainly put my mind to rest. Must say over the last couple of days the pains are easing, so think you are right, it’s all part and parcel of the treatment!

Best of luck to everyone,

Love Jean xx