Playing the waiting game!

Playing the waiting game!

Playing the waiting game! Hi Everyone

I’ve been reading the forum now for a few weeks after being diagnosed with BC on 11 April following mammogram, ultrasound and fine needle aspiration. I had a 3 week wait for my surgery date which is tomorrow and I’ve been sitting here at home all morning waiting to find out if there is a bed available for me today. It seemed ages waiting for today to come and I was all psyched up and ready to go but now I’m WAITING again!!! I don’t know if I’m coming or going. Will I have my surgery tomorrow, who knows?

Anyway this site and everyone on it are brilliant and I have learnt so much since my diagnosis and more importantly I do not feel alone.

Hugs to everyone.

Carolyn

Good Luck Carolyn Hi there Carolyn

Just wanted to offer my support and good wishes for you this afternoon. I know what it is like to play that waiting game, but hopefully you will know very soon when your op is going to happen.

I don’t know what type of operation you are having, but whatever it is, make sure you take lots of rest and relaxation afterwards, and don’t feel suprised if you feel tired - just listen to your body. If you need to have a lie down, make sure you do (preferably with a good book & box of chocies!)

I had a lumpectomy for Stage 1 BC last November, and I finished radiotherapy in March. I’ve been on Tamoxifen and having the Zoladex injections every month now, and feel really well. I just get the odd “power surge”, but nothing too dreadful.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and you have come a long way already. Good luck Carolyn and do let us know how you get on.

Love

Lynne x

just wanted to add my best wishes for you and hoping you get a bed tomorrow.which hospital and will get a gang of us to come and sort you a bed!thinking of you love sharon x