Post Xmas chemo starters thread

Yes happy for t threads to be merged

FB would be good too

S xx

Jane and I are lonely on the FB page ??? starting chemo Jan? Come and join us

Hi Girls

Just for clarity… jane has set this up and I think that she (or i) have to add you as a friend request first and then we can add you… But Jane has gone off line so it may have to be tomorrow , I’m not very techy. ???

Annie, Mariena, Murphy…

Jane has now set up our January starters FB page, hope to see you all on there xxxx

Hi

Just popping onto this thread - I actually started my chemo last week but something occurred to me today. I know a lot of people like to be prepared in advance with wigs etc, but the one thing I forgot was a cover for my picc line so I can take a decent shower!

So if you are starting after xmas and are going to have a picc line it might be wise to order now :smileyhappy:

Good luck ladies - have a good Christmas.

Emxx

Hi there

If you PM Jane with your FB details she can add you. I am still struggling to add people, not sure why.

See you on our FB page

S x

Well done Maggie! Good news for you both - def time to enjoy Xmas and push the boat out etc etc. Am seeing onc on Wednesday ( v impressed that he works Xmas eve) for more details re chemo etc. A x

Hi. I Just joined the forum

This my journey so far. It has all happened very quickly.

First annual mammagram on Thurs 30/10/14

Called back for core biopsy Thurs 6/11/14

Diagnoised Thurs 13/11/14

Surgery on Friday 5/12/14

grade 2 invasive ductal carcinoma 16mm also 17 lymph nodes removed 7 infective all healing well now waiting Chemo FEC-T to start. Have opted for the cool cap no appointment yet.

I have found the webpage and forum very helpful it has answered alot of my questions I had and hopefully those I will have in the future.I would love to join the fb page. I live Surrey/Hants Border area.

Hi Evie
Don’t worry, you are not doing anything wrong, new users to the forum can’t send pm’s straight away, I have changed your account so you should be able to now
Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi ladies,  im recouperating from mastectomy pre christmas,  due to see the oncologist in january for chemo.  I am not in the uk so wasnt allowed to join young bc facebook page,  but hoping I can join you on this chemo page …please :slight_smile: its hard to find chat groups.

Xxx

Hugs ladies,  if not, I’ ll still be here chatting.  

Hi everyone

Finally joined the forum today, after spending several evenings catching up on earlier posts and waiting for the kids to be out!  I would love to join the private facebook page, please, if someone can help me with that - I understand a newbie can’t send pm’s?

I was diagnosed with type 2 invasive lobular cancer on 22nd October (date seared into my memory!), first thought to be 15mm tumour; MRI said it was 40mm; had WLE and sentinel lymph node removal and surgery in December.  Every time I go back to the hospital the news gets worse; supposed to be having a CT scan for staging purposes and was not looking forward to any results from that.  Surgeon said both nodes came back positive and multiple margins of the lump were positive.  Met oncologist on 23rd December who told me the tumour was actually 67mm so I’m to start chemo as soon as my wound has healed and not to wait for the CT scan now.  Was managing pretty well up to that point!!  Pretty emotional Christmas but doing better now.

Anyway, glad to have found a group of ladies who’ll be going through this cancer trip at the same time as me.  I have a feeling it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

Thanks, Jane. Was all prepared for the chemo news but the fact that my cancer is likely advanced - not early stage as first thought - was devastating. Now looking forward to cracking on with some heavy-duty chemo!!

Hi TT and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for,you so please feel free to call to talk any concerns or queries over, lines open 9-5 weekdays ams 10-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000. ( closed BH)

Here’s a link to the treatments area of the site where you will find further information and support ideas from BCC:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

You are able to send a private message now too

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi Havenbabe

Welcome to the BCC forums, I am posting a link to the BCC treatments area of the site where you will find support and information around side effects including hair loss which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Please also feel free to call our helpliners on 0808 800 6000 for further support 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Maggie

Thanks for asking! PM s sorted for Jacqui too

Best wishes
Lucy

Thanks Lucy! ?

If you PM katherine63 (Jane) she will be able to add you onto the FB PAGE XXX

Hi Peepee

I’ve sent you an email!

Best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi im starting chemo on the 16th. Could you let me know how i join the fb page please x

Can I joint the FB group please. I started my chemo at the end of January.