Pregnancy after breast cancer

Hi I thought I would tell you my story. I was 39 when diagnosed with breast cancer spent 4 years on tamoxifen. My marriage collapsed and I remarried and came off the tamoxifen, or should I say got pregnant first then came off tamoxifen at 43 years old Gave birth lovely baby boy at 44, he is now a strapping 6 foot 6 in. I went 18 years before I had a reccurence and have to have a mastectomy Incidentally I even breast fed just on the one good breast and it produced all the milk my son needed.Stopped at 6 months and went back onto tamoxifen for another 4 years. Incidentally tamoxifen was once a fertility drug, you took it for the first senen or eight days in the cycle and it improved egg production. Hope things go well for you. love suzan x

Hi, I have just read all the posts with interest. Im nearly two and half years post diagnosis (lumpectomy, ANC, 6x chemo, 19radio, tamoxifen for two years next month). My cancer was only weakly oestrogen positive (3 out of 8) but oncologist was keen to prescribe if I didn’t suffer side-effects, I was happy to take anything that ‘might’ prevent a reoccurrence. My son was 10 months when I found the lump and I was still breastfeeding.
I’m beginning to consider coming off the tamoxifen as I would like another child. I’ve had my amh tested which came back very low so time is not on my side and ivf wouldn’t really be worth trying. Just wondering if any of you who considered or came off tamoxifen were offered any information apart from the article mentioned above? Any feedback from oncologists regarding risks etc? I’m not due to see my surgeon until march (but he doesn’t even think I should be on tamoxifen and thinks my oncologist-who I’m now discharged from!- is “over treating” me! My GP seems to know very little about these things and the repro medicine doctor I saw when I had my amh tested is very good but didn’t seem to think there was much she could do for me (any assistance I had would have to be private as I’ve already got a child). So any updates on everyone else’s progress or advice woulwell telly appreciated.