Pregnant after BC, double MX and Tamox q's...

Hi,

I was diagnosed end of 2009 aged 29 with BC, stage 1, grade 2 on one side, lymphovascular invasion and micromet in sentinel node. I had a double mastectomy as there was lots of clusters of cancer in one breast, so the other was preventative.

Anyway after Surgery, chemo and rads in 2010, I have been on Tamoxifen since. I have recently fallen pregnant whilst on tamoxifen and stopped as soon as I felt I was pregnant. I went to see my GP and she said as a caution she would send me for an early pregnancy scan to make sure the little bean was ok. A couple of scans later and we have twins in there, growing really nicely with good heartbeats. (I did not know this but apparently Tamoxifen is also used as a fertility drug hence the twins as twins does not run in my family)
I am unsure on what to do about feeding as obviously I cannot breast feed. I don’t think I am entirely comfortable about milk sharing, so looking at formula options. Now I wondered and thought it was worth a shot seeing as we will be having 2, whether there is a way of getting milk on prescription at all seeing as I cannot breast feed due to this bloody cancer?? Strange question I know, but with my other little ones, I breast fed so I am feeling a little down about the fact I cannot do it this time around.
I am also concerned about the whole effects Tamoxifen may have had?? I am not going to research it as everyone knows that is not a good idea, but wondered if there are any positive stories out there?
I also need to be mindful that I keep a check of myself as my cancer was very hormone receptive 8/8, so obviously a twin pregnancy will be throwing loads of hormones around my body.
Also another thing I am completely dreading is blood tests…I know that sounds odd after everything I have been through, but I can only use my right arm and the veins are so scarred and affected from Chemo. Anytime I have to have a drip or blood test it takes alot of prodding and about an hour to do it, I feel like passing out. I know I will have lots of blood tests in pregnancy as I get that Itchy Liver condition called Cholestasis, so do you reckon they will allow me to maybe have a port or something?

Sorry for all the questions!! Trying to re-assure myself all will be ok.

xxx

Hi jbug

welcome and many many congratulations!!!

Questions and concerns aside you must be ecstatic !!! I can’t help you personally, but just bumping your post so that others will see it and come along who can

good luck with it all :slight_smile:

LS xxxx

Hi jbug

Congratulations. If you would like to talk things through please do give the BCC helpline call on 0808 800 6000. Here you can share your feelings and concerns with someone who will offer you emotional suport and practical information. The lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator