Primary BC in both breasts

TTM in the UK its very unlikely to have the same indepth follow maria has had overseas.

here you would normally have a mammo if you still have breast tissue, if no breast tissue then a clinical examination only, but no xrays, CT or MRI at most units unless you are able to find a research trial.

1960s girl sorry you are joining our special wee band… Its a right old bummer to have to deal with this once, but twice is a bloody insult! Anyway i had hormone pos bc in 2006 and then TNBC in the other side in 2009 and A recurrence of it last year… Third time was actually much easier than no 1 and 2 put together in terms of the psychological impact but the treatment was really heavy going this time… Fingers crossed its the last time for all of us.

maria i always wonder how your getting on, so im glad you pop back every now and then to let us know how its going with you. Im recovered and back to work but still tired and slow… But getting there.

love and hugs ladies
Lxxxx

Hi Marial - sorry you lost me I also lost you! I am on here as Bizzielizzy & SandieE as I tried to continue as registered in 2003 & the site wouldn’t let me so had to register as SandieE then I asked if the two could be amalgamated which they couldn’t do then the site had technical problems & it all went haywire! So, I just gave up. It seems better now but not sure really who I am on as! LOL!!
Anyway, I am due my 3rd cycle tomorrow but have had an awful time as having most of the side effect plus an unusual one as it is attacking my stomach & bowels & the pain for 2-3 days or so is unbearable. I will have a talk to the oncologist tomorrow & really hope he has some wonder drug to ease the pain as not sure I can do this!
Be thinking of you having your CT scan in October & really hoping for your posting of ‘Miles Stones’ - good luck & hugs! x
Hi 1960girl - so sorry you are having to go through this again after all these years it really is so unfair as we do put it all behind us & feel we’ve been a success story then bingo!!! be thinking of you in 2 weeks & hope all goes well, and by having a double Mx you are making sure you are gettting well rid of this horrible disease. Big hugs x
Tommymicklemouse & Marial - I have been told I will now be having MRI scans as my mammograms have not shown any of my tumours but I did have to strongly say there was no way I was having another mammogram as a waste of time money etc., and insist I had something that would show a tumour up. However I am also aware MRI scans can show up areas that may be nothing & no one sure until they operate so this has its problem as well! I live in Hampshire by the way.
Sandie xx

Hi Sandie, glad to have found you again, I hope all calms down soon. I had stomach pain and upset stomach when I was first on taxere (or what ever it is called !) I was surprised how well pantozol (stuff to prevent stomac ulcers) sorted me out.
Lulu, nice to hear you are back at work, but look after yourself now.
Tommy tickemouse, Lulu can answer your questions better than I can , but as I understand it, if the cat scan shows anything they do an MRI on the lesion they can see, they don’t need to operate to see what there is. They found something on my liver on the scan and did an MRI, but it turned out to be a benign cyst. I’m not sure why they did chest Xrays (boht sides), but I know secondaries in the lungs can appear after bc. In fact, that is what my Mum died of. Maybe I had a sort of bc that is prone to lung complications, but I felt they might see if anything was growing in the chest wall on my mastectomy side. Throw all the tests they can at me and i’ll accept !! I used to have bone scans too before 2010, but not any more, my onc says it will only tell me that my arthritis is progressing (great I said, I’m too young for arthritis. No, he said, no one is too young for arthitis !)
My scan is on Thursday, so hopefully I’ll soon be starting a new post!
Maria xx