Pulmonary Embolisms

deleted due to privacy on WWW, thanks

Dear Xinte

I am sorry to read about your recent diagnoses, I am sure that you will receive support and information from your fellow users very soon. In addition, Breast Cancer Care have written a ‘Resources Pack’ for anyone newly diagnosed with breast cancer which you may find helpful to read, it is filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. You can order a free copy from the following link or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you via our helpline:

breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

There is information in the pack about our other support services, including our helpline which is on 0808 800 6000, you may find this useful to use at some point if you need to talk anything through, or just need someone to lend an understanding ear. Alternatively, if you prefer you can use email: <script type=“text/javascript”>eval(unescape(‘%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%69%6e%66%6f%40%62%72%65%61%73%74%63%61%6e%63%65%72%63%61%72%65%2e%6f%72%67%2e%75%6b%22%3e%69%6e%66%6f%40%62%72%65%61%73%74%63%61%6e%63%65%72%63%61%72%65%2e%6f%72%67%2e%75%6b%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b’))</script>

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Xinte - I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnoses. Never rains but it pours eh? I don’t know anything about embolisms but it sounds like they have got the matter in hand and are going to get you sorted out before you face surgery. Best of luck with everything - I hope someone can help fill you in about the embolisms.
All the best
Molly xxx

Hi Xinte

So sorry you are going through this and hope that something can be done to help you soon. In my thoughts and prayers honey.

Hi Molly - thanks also for your support and to all the other girls.

Love

Tuesday x

Hi Xinte,
I have got DVT in my shoulder.I was diagnosed in April when my left arm started to swell up and become painful.I am now on daily Fragmin injections for about a year.I’ve had Chemo and Herceptin but haven’t had surgery as I have secondaries.
I think as soon as you start injecting the Heparin it starts to break down the clot.
Try not to worry.
Alli x

Hi Xinta

What really bad luck!

Not had the same as you, but I did have a pulmonary embolism after my second lot of chemo. Was told it was caused by the cancer and the chemo. Had to go into hospital for a few days, then on (self-administered) fragmin injections until a month after the last chemo, then warfarin for another 18 months. Last year I had a different cancer for which I needed surgery; I was told that having had one pulmonary embolism I was at high risk of another, so they took great care of me. I was also worried and was out of bed marching around the ward as soon as I could to try to prevent this. And fortunately I was fine. I think the important thing is that they are aware of this and can take precautions.

All the best for your treatment.
Best wishes
Gwyn x

deleted due to problems of privacy on WWW, thanks