Purple bruise & solid tissue

Hello
I was diagnosed with primary triple positive HER 2 and node positive breast cancer in January 21 aged 54. Initially wasn’t offered treatment due to multiple health conditions but 3 months later I had a left breast partial mastectomy, full axillary clearance with one affected node, folliwed by 9 Pacliataxel chemos, fast forward Radiotherapy and 4 Bisphosphonate therapies. Now on 10 years Letrezole.
I was denied Phesgo due to my heart conditions.
Was left with breast & arm lymphoedema and have permanent foot neuropathy.
Discharged ftom lymphoedema nurse in September. Breast had settled well, redness disappeared but arm became a problem back in April. I also developed neck, shoulder bone pain. I saw registrar surgeon who said my bone scan back in April was clear and if any tissue issue it would have shown. The pain remains even after MLD and the tissue feels more swollen than the other side. Like a swollen gland.
About 6 weeks ago a purple bruise/shadow appeared on my breast. It had a lumpy hardening underneath it. Not in any area where my radiotherapy was targeted to my knowledge. Continued my 3x a day MLD but the lumpy hard area (like an over microwaved chicken fillet) with one smaller lumpy area next to it remains. As does the purple shadow.

I am due a Heart MRI any day, my yearly follow up mammogram on the 23rd then to see the oncologist afterwards. Should I ask to go earlier or see the lymphodema nurse or just await my appointment. I always feel like I’m a nuisance if I r raised anything previously.
Thanks in advance

Dear Smudge,

So pleased you have come to the forum you have been through so much. I think if this was me I’d give my Breast Cancer Nurse a call telling how you’re feeling and asked is there any possibility of an earlier appointment, please don’t feel you’re being a nuisance because you’re not, your Breast Cancer nurse is there for you.

Wishing you well going forward, please come back and let us know how you’re doing

Biggest hugs Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

Hi Smudge15

Thanks for posting.

It sounds as if you have had a difficult time since being diagnosed with and having treatment for breast cancer.

It’s good to read that a bone scan was clear in April. But you continue to have pain, the tissue feels swollen, and you now describe some new symptoms including a lumpy area and purple shadowing. Although you have a mammogram later this month, as these symptoms are new, as @Tili suggests, we would encourage you to contact you breast care nurse or lymphoedema nurse. They can assess you and if necessary, arrange an earlier appointment for you. Please be reassured that no one will think you are being a nuisance as it’s always important to get new and continuing symptoms checked out.

We offer a range of free supportive services for anyone who has had a diagnosis of breast cancer which you may be interested in. They include face to face and online courses and events.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Val

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.