Race of life 15th June

Hi every one

I managed to do the race of life with my three daughters at loughborough uni…
This was our first time SO only walked this one.

Was quite moving for us with our thoughts, and amount of supporter’s out there.
We did it my girls were proud of me. Did get tierd after wards hoping to do it again next year!..

Could’nt see you roadrunner!.. So many people…

Well done to any one else who did the race!..

Good luck to those who are doing one!.. :slight_smile:

XXX

hi nicolaanne, well done on finishing your race for life its such a good feeling when you reach the end and so emotive as well .my daughter and myself ddi the one on our local beach and it was the 3rd time for me ,we walked around as there is no way i could have ran it! all the notices on peoples backs made such hard reading ,myself i ran for my dear sister and brother in law who we lost on the same day in march this year.not a dry eye in the house as they say .we are going to do the beach moon walk in aid of our local hospice in sept and am frantically drumming up supporters and freinds to run it with us. anyway well done again .take care lynn xx

hI

A young girl of 11 did the Race for Life with my name her back for me yesterday, I used to be her 1 - 1 support worker through primary school. It was her way of saying thank you to me, she suffers with cerebral palsy but managed to walk most of the way in 1 hour 57 mins. Not a dry eye to be found at the finishing post.

Well done everyone who took part.

Karen

Hi nicolaann,

As I posted on another thread (sports, running & tamoxifen) - did the L’boro race yesterday, my older daughter beat me by about 30 yds, and my younger daughter did it somewhat slower with a friend.

I put the name of someone I know who has mesothelioma (the asbestos cancer) on my back - one of the nurses from the hospice where he is being treated saw it and came up and spoke to me, which was really nice.