ranting and raving

Im sure these comments have been made many times before (unfortunately )

I am recently diagnosed with bc and feel like I have lost my identity and control over my life. I dont feel ill (had no symptoms) have a good life, happy with a man who loves me and a great daughter to care for (when she lets me, she is 14!)
I enjoy my work and was progressing very well, then wham. Talk about pulling the rug from under me …I have had lumpectomy and node biopsy and now awaiting resuts which I cant get until the 25th…

I feel so sad today and HATE the lack of control I need to do something to take control …everyone is so supportive and loving but I just want to cry, sorry if I am making anyone else feel as bleak as I do but need to write this somewhere,
Sheila

i can’t see your message yet but take a chill pill and it will feel better. i don’t know yet what route has led you to the cancer train but it is not so bad. It is done daily

people here will help

take care

jen x

Dear Sheila

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums. I wondered if you may find BCC’s resource pack helpful, it has been designed for those newly diagnosed. If you would like a copy just follow the link below:

breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

If you would like to talk about your diagnosis and feel you need to talk to someone in confidence then please give the helpline a call, the staff here are all either breast care nurses or people who have personal experience of breast care issues and are happy to just lend a listening ear and can offer valuable advice and support if neeeded. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 the lines open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Kind regards

Lucy

Oh yeah you’re a must control my own life person like me… the aneathetist at the hospital said as much too, it’s common that we can’t just be good little girls and do what we’re told with out a fight. He was taking the mik rather than being insulting I promise.

But yes I know where you’re coming from. I’m 8 months post diagnosis and just starting to take my life back and boy does it feel good.

I got through the last few months by taking control of little things that I actually could, like cooking myself food I want (and OH saying he’s happy to have omellatte again :wink: smelly baths, going to the movies, playing LOUD music late at night (I do live rurally in a detached house) and not putting up with any cr*p from anyone… .the last one really helps BTW :slight_smile: I’ve also distracted myself when down by planning what I’d be doing instead and putting it on a list for next year as things to look forward to.

You’ll find your way.

Good luck

Angie