Recent DCIS diagnosis and future pregnancy

Hi, I’ve recently been diagnosed with multi-focal DCIS in my left breast and have a Masectomy and reconstruction booked in June. To date, after MRI, multiple biopsys, ultrasound etc only DCIS has been found with no invasion. I’ve had a sentinel node biopsy test done to and it is clear thankfully. I feel like I’m dodging bullets here! I know my breast needs to be looked at after Masectomy before I get the all clear and my final pathology report and am preparing myself for that too. I do not want to get too ahead if myself but am wondering if there are any ladies in a similar position who have gone in to have children after? I am in my mid 30’s and have just got married. I was actually pregnant at beginning of year but sadly miscarried so would like to think I could still have children but obviously there is the issue of recurrance. Part of me thinks the pregnancy/miscarriage caused the DCIS although my doctor says this is unlikely. No one in my family has ever had breast cancer, I eat well, exercise just like a lot of people so am convinced something caused this. Any similar stories would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all and your treatments and journeys xx

Hello UK2014

Whilst waiting for replies to your post maybe you would like to give our free helpline a call where the staff can offer practical information as well as emotional support.  The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator