Recent diagnosis

Hi ladies

I have recently been diagnosed with ductal carcinoma insitu (I think that is what I heard at the hospital) I am having surgery on Monday - wide local excision. I’m feeling positive and grateful that it has been caught early, but do have concerns about what they may find and how I will look afterwards, Has anybody on here needed to have reconstructive surgery afterwards?

Hi Rosjay , I was diagnosed with DCIS in sept 13 and had had WLE to remove it ! It was done as a day case. I went to hosp at 7.30 am and was back home at 2.30 pm. a little sore but not nearly as painful as the biopsy . I didn’t have reconstruction and although the breast is slightly smaller than the other I am more than happy with how it looks ! Any questions please feel free to message me ! Take care x

Like you recently diagnosed with breast cancer something to do with HRT ,  apparently nice cancer!’ Appointment tomorrow at Addenbrookes with plastics for mastectomy and reconstruction surgery .Have the booklet and Nurse training still unsure what’s going on.!

Hello I had mastectomy for high grade DCIS in Feb 14 - with immediate reconstruction.  Mx was due 5cm spread of DCIS and relatively small breast - 32b.  Be guided by your surgeons they know best - mostly!

Hi Rosjay and welcome to the BCC forums, I am sure the support here will have been a great help, please also feel free to call our helpliners to talk any concerns/queries through on 0808 800 6000, lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

I am posting a link to the DCIS information on this site which i hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/primary-breast-cancer/types%C2%A0of%C2%A0primary%C2%A0breast%C2%A0cancer/ductal-carcinoma-situ-dcis

Take care
Lucy BCC

Just diagnosed petrified mastectomy 30th July grade1 invasive

I had a wide local excision in sept last year and radiotherapy afterwards. Not had any problems with my beast but lymph scar and removal have gave me more pain and discomfort. Hope all goes well with ur surgery, the most comforting thing I found was a kiddies pillow under my arm. Be thinking off you xx

<Empty imported post>

Good luck, hope all goes well.