Receptive

I have moved this post on behalf of anne5
Kind Regards
Louise
Breast Cancer Care

Can someone tell me a bit about oestrogen receptors - apparently mine is strongly positive to this and slightly positive to progesterone. What does this mean in regards to treatment. Sorry - so many questions

Hi Anne,

I too am Er+, not sure about my Pr status though, been meaning to ask my onc! Anyway, basically it means your tumour is hormone receptive and so would benefit from hormone treatments such as Tamoxifen or Arimidex. Your oncologist will obviously discuss all this with you when you see him/her.

Also, you could phone the nurses on the bcc helpline, I have done is several times and have found them to be very helpful.

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

Hi im er and pr +, so in a nutshell have to have tamoxifen. Your onc will go through what treatment you do need to have chica.

Hi Anne 5

I am like you, strongly oestrogen positive and slightly progesterone positive. Because I am post menopausal I will take Arimidex for 5 years. For pre menopausal women, I believe tamoxifen is more likely. These are additional treatments that are available for us after we finish with chemo and rads that are not available for those whose tumours are hormone negative. I am also HER positive which means that I will also need Herceptin for a year.

Regards
Anne

Thank you for all your replies - that makes sense.