Reconstruction after mastectomy discomfort after several years

I had a full mastectomy removing the nipple as well on the left and a lumpectomy on right both breasts were reconstructed straight after the removals, in late 2009 and in 2010. My breasts still feel uncomfortable, in 2012 I had to have surgery on the right one after sever violence from (now ex) husband which burst the implant which was a PIP also, after a 3 hour op to remove the damage I was fitted with new reconstruction.  I would like to know if anyone else is still suffering from uncomfortable and sometimes sore breasts? Also if the weather is cold they feel like 2 icy water bottles on my chest.  It may be my imagination but I do feel they are affected by sudden weather changes too.  The left one is the most uncomfortable and was not a PIP, the nipple also was reconstructed and tattooed but that has almost disappeared.

Hi SuzyJ, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this uncomfortable time. I am sure some of our users will be along to offer their support soon.

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about feeling uncomfortable and offer a friendly ear. The opening times are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy