Refusing chemo and herceptin

Jane, I know someone at my unit who has an ongoing prescription for Tamazepam (or similar) which she takes before she goes into the unit. She finds that helps a great deal to get her there, without knocking her out completely. You might want to have a chat with your GP and see if he/she can let you have a couple of tablets. It’s worth a try, and the occasional tab isn’t going to be addictive.

As for the low feelings, that’s totally understandable, I’m sure we’ve all had them at one time or another. If they go on for longer than a couple of weeks though, you may be suffering from a touch of depression. Depression is fairly common among people diagnosed with BC. Whether it’s as a result of treatment or as a result of the shock of diagnosis, it’s definitely real - I’ve heard figures of between 25% and 50%! I am currently using anti-depressants and they certainly seem to be helping me get through my days. That’s another thing that you might want to have a chat with your GP about.

This blasted disease throws things at us from all directions, and it’s not a sign of weakness that we buckle under the load sometimes, more a sign of strength that we ask for help. So be strong and ask for help.

Love and hugs,

CM
x

Jane

I am sorry you are giving yourself such a hard time. BC is rotten enough without the added negative pressure you seem to be helpless in piling on yourself.

Perhaps your BC unit has access to a counsellor? They would be able to help you with some relaxation and visualization techniques.

On this journey, it does help if we can see our glasses as half full rather than half empty:)

You are not alone jane, there are thousands of us walking this journey and most of us are scared out of our wits a lot of the time. If I have a low moment, I get a pen and paper and write a gratitude list. By the time I have done, the low spirits have lifted somewhat.

God bless.