Report on Swedish research into diet

Report on Swedish research into diet

Report on Swedish research into diet tinyurl.com/2o8gxz

Contains interesting findings

reducing sugar and fat to reduce insulin Thank you Phoebe, this is interesting. related to this there is an interesting clinical trial called DIANA done by the Istituto Nazionale Tumori of Milan, (look for DIANA or for Berrino F in pubmed ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?DB=pubmed) where they are testing whether a diet can reduce the availability of sex hormones as well as the circulating insulin and the growth factors stimulated by it. I contacted them (I am a molecular biologist and I have colleagues working there) and they sent me their ‘nutritional suggestions’, basically a regime similar to the one given to diabetic people, pulses, vegetable, whole grain bread , pasta and rice, fish, fruit (at least something sweet!!), very little milk and yogurt (possibly low fat), no red meat. Possibly no sugar, but I need some sugar in my cappuccino!
I am giving it a try, also because I need to loose weigh (another risk factor) even if I cannot partecipate to any trial because I am living abroad, and I am feeling ok, at least I feel like I am participating actively to the fight!
xxx
sab