Research on ip-6

Ain’t this intresting laura

Cancer
IP-6 has been reported to have in vivo and in vitro anti- cancer activity against numerous tumors, such as colon cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, liver cancer, chronic myeloid leukemia, pancreatic cancer, and rhabdomyosarcomas. Significant human trials are lacking and hence we do not currently know for certain whether taking IP-6 supplements are helpful in cancer prevention or therapy, but the early data look promising.

Breast cancer
IP6 inhibits the growth of breast cancer cells; but it also acts synergistically with adriamycin or tamoxifen, being particularly effective against estrogen responsive alpha-negative cells and adriamycin-resistant cell lines.

Patients with invasive ductal breast cancer where polychemotherapy was indicated were monitored. Fourteen patients in the same stage of ductal invasive breast cancer were involved in the study, divided in two randomized groups. One group took IP6 + Inositol in the form of powder in the daily dosage of 6 g, divided in 2 doses, starting from the first postoperative day, every day until the end of treatment (6 months), while the other group took placebo. Patients receiving chemotherapy, along with IP6 + Inositol did not have cytopenia, drop in leukocyte and platelet counts. Red blood cell counts and tumor markers were unaltered in both groups. However, patients who took IP6 + Inositol had significantly better quality of life and functional status and were able to perform their daily activities. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010 Feb. Efficacy of IP6 + inositol in the treatment of breast cancer patients receiving chemotherapy: prospective, randomized, pilot clinical study. Bacić I, Druzijanić N, Karlo R, Skifić I, Jagić S. Department of Surgery, General Hospital Zadar, 23000 Zadar, Croatia.

Hi Laura

This is very interesting. I’ve bumped up the research and diet thread as we’ve posted other links relating to that on there which may be of interest to you. Elinda x