results from hospital

results from hospital

results from hospital hi all

I went to the breast clinic 27th nov on an urgent referal after finding a lumpin my left breast after a mammagram and ultrasound and FNA the doctor said he was 99% sure that it was blocked ducts. I have recieved a letter this morning which says that the aspiration test was consistant with a cyst but showed signs of infection and suggested I contacted my gp for a course of antibiotics. I phoned my gp who said he would like to see me in surgery as I probably dont need antibiotics if there is no redness or sign off infection. I did point out that the only symtom I had before was a lump although the doctor I saw then also said my nipple was inverted (which it isnt now) how can my doctor tell if there is still infection if it tookan ultrasound scan and fna to find it in the hospital and is a review in three months normal in these circumstances I am a little confused is there anyone who can help me with these questions please

Hi k8bods You are welcome to contact our freephone helpline on 0808 800 6000 Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm where you can speak to one of our nurses regarding your queries if you feel this would help.

Kind regards
BCC Host