Scared I have secondary TNcancer in lymph nodes in neck

Hi The last time I was on for help was when I was scared I had breast cancer and I was right, I had TN 5cm lump and spread to lymph nodes under arm/ I had lumpectomy to remove 5cm lump then another for clearance. 6 chemo and 6 wks of radiotherapy. I had my first year check in April this yr and they said all clear. But I am so worried I have secondary cancer in my neck lymph nodes. I have two lumps and they have been there for months. The consultant felt them and arranged a CT scan. He said there is swelling there but its not cancer. he said but he doesnt know what it is??? Not very reassuring for me!
I cant sleep with worry. I was told to come back in 3 months which is end of July, but Im so scared its spreading. Im now having discomfort in my neck. Its on the same side as the breast cancer and in the same area as the lymph nodes which can be affected by breast cancer (left).
My GP initially said it cant be connected to BC as these lymph nodes are not connected to the breast, he is wrong, the left side can be connected to the breast and stomach area. I dont trust the doctors.
Then the consultant said he doesnt now what it is.

I thought that the only way to tell if there is cancer in the lymph nodes is to do a biopsy/needle tests? Please help and advise if you have had this or similar. The lump feels the same as the one I had under my arm with breast cancer. Hard not moving and not painful just recently some discomfort.

Thanks

Dawn x

Hi Dawn

I’m sorry to read that you are having a pretty tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe it would be helpful for you to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Dawn, Can’t you have the C.T. scan brought forward.if only to set your mind at rest? Why don’t you phone your B.C. nurse and tell her how worried you are.
After breast cancer it is so easy to imagine every ache,pain or change in your body is due to spread. I myself landed up having M.R.I. because of head,neck pain and migraines. Thankfully it was clear.
Your peace of mind is so important after what you have been through.

Good luck! x

Thank you Sam, I will call to discuss tomorrow.

Thank you too jiggyjoo, I will call her. I feel like a nuisance because I know they are very busy. But will to put my mind at rest. thanks again for your wise words.

Good luck to you and keep well.

Dawn

x

Hi Dawn, I feel your pain. I’m in a bit of a similar position myself.
I had stage 2 breast cancer diagnosed last august (spread to 2 lymph nodes under my arm). i had 6 chemo (FEC-T) and 25 radiotherapy
a few days ago i found a lump in my neck - its small - but defo there. coincidentally i was seeing my oncologist today and she said its too small to put a needle in so i get a ct scan in 3 weeks and meet her again a week later. I was hoping she would say she didnt think it was anything - but she didnt. Recurrence is a constant worry.
Dont worry about being a nuisance - you aren’t!!! Think about it: if it is the cancer back then speed is important. They can tell a lot from a ct scan - but it doesnt hurt to ask
Let us know how you get on
Caroline
xxx