scared of what they might find

scared of what they might find

scared of what they might find Went to Gp on thurs letter arrived saturday to ring and make appointment at breast clinic feeling scared.

Dear tara41 I am sorry to read you are feeling scared whilst awaiting your appointment at the breast clinic. You may find Breast Cancer Care’s booklet called ‘Referral to a breast clinic’ helpful to read, as it contains information about what you may expect to happen at your appointment. You can read it via the following link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/referral_07_0.pdf

Please also do not hesitate to contact our freephone confidential helpline on 0808 800 6000 for further information and support from our team of helpliners who are either breast care nurses or have experience of breast cancer, so will have an understanding of how you are feeling at the moment.

The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

KInd regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

for tara41 i no how you feel, i finally went docters on thursday too, after 18 months of denial, i was really surprised with what they said, i had my appointment given to me straight away, i have to wait till june 26th and i finding it difficult aswell. since joining here i have had loads of support everyone feels the same. hoping everything goes ok for you, keep us informed on how you get on. sending you big hugs northy

Hi Tara

Of course you’re scared, honey. You wouldn’t be human if you weren’t.

But a referral to the breast clinic doesn’t mean your GP necessarily thinks you have cancer. 90% of those referred have something that turns out to be benign. You could have been referred because of your age, because of where you live or just because you have a good GP who wants to keep everything covered.

If you tell us something about yourself we may be able to offer some reassurance. How old are, what are your symptoms, what did your doctor say, etc?

Lola x

Hi I live in the midlands I am 46 on Thursday Gp said it was quite a large lump but it seemed to appear very quickly I am getting a lot of pain just cant seem to get comfortable I am trying to be positive as it could be a cyst I would be grateful for any help you can give

Hi I have posted this for a new user
BCC Host

Hi

Managed to finally get on line so I hope this now works okay I have been to doctor last week and my appoinment is 2 moro just managed to find out it is one stop shop so hopefully from the visit I will know I where I stand, understand the anxiety it is defintely getting me down pretending all will be okay for everyone else…
Been good to know can access others in similar position, my mum died at 48 with breast cancer diagnosed when she was 43 I know things have changed since her time but does make one worry

Regards

Thanks to all who replied it has helped I rung hospital today and go to breast unit tomorrow you are all brave wonderful people
my love and best wishs to every one of you.

will keep you posted