scared

hi i have been diagnosed with stage 2 ductal cancer after a 3 yearly mammogram picked up a problem. i am due to have lumpectomy on 29th sep with some lymph nodes removed. i am having a wire fitted first. i cant sleep and have just been given some sleeping tablets by my gp to see if that will help. what makes it all worse is my husbands company merged with another back in july and we still dont know if he will keep his job or be made redundant.

Hi

Sorry you have had to join us. It is such a shock when you are diagnosed and you need to give yourself time to come to terms with it. You obviously have a lot on your mind with your husband’s job too. It will take a while for your medical team to get all of the information they need to form a treatment plan so for now try to concentrate on getting ready for the surgery. There are lots of useful tips on this site. Also there is always the option of phoning the helpline, the ladies are lovely and can give lots of advice and support. Take care dx

thankyou Midge for your quick reply. Its nice to know someone else is there. All our family live 200 miles away so its just me and my husband.

Hi Barty and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the valuable support you have here, as Midge has kindly mentioned, please feel free to call our helpline where you can talk things through with one of our team, the line is open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2 on 0808 800 6000.

You may also find the BCC Resource pack useful, here’s a link to more information and an order form, it’s been designed to aid anyone newly diagnosed:

breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/82/

Take care
Lucy

Hi Barty3

So sorry you had to join us. I too had invasive ductal and had a lumpectomy and lymph node removal. I’m out the other side now so it can be done. I also had chemo and rads. Please dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Take care

Julia xx

Hi Barty3
I too was dx after three yearly mammogram and like you it came as a huge shock. I had wle and snb with the guide wire as you are having and got through that very easily. Unfortunately in my case the margins were not good enough so had to go back for mx. Since then I have had chemo and radiotherapy.
My advice is to take one step at a time. Until you get your results from the op you can’t get a treatment plan so its no good thinking about that at present. Concentrate on preparing for your surgery and recovery for now. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hi barty3

Just wanted to say hi and wish you well for your treatment. It is such a big thing to take in and deal with in your head, but you will get there. Try just to take one thing at a time and deal with things as they come up the most important person is you right now and getting through your treatment.

My oh’s company went into administration just as i was diagnosed, fortunatly he is still working, but could be paid off at any time. When it happened we were shocked but sat back and thought no matter what happens we will be alright and we have tried not to worry about it. I know that’s easier said than done and i hope things work out well for you.

Lots of love

jaynexxx