Secondaries or not

I had bc two years ago and had the full works - masectomy, chemo, radio. Ever since then, every few months I’ve had strange episodes of symptoms (e.g. really bad headache for two weeks, pelvic pain…) each time I’ve had the symptoms checked out but its been nothing. Now I have bad upper back pain, just came on last week and feeling generally unwell (sick, achy, weak). Everyone around me just thinks I’m crying wolf again but I just don’t feel right.

Do secondaries gradually come up on you or are you just diagnosed all of a sudden? Any advice welcome

Hi Susie

Don’t think can be much help to you, but was dx with bc on 16 July this year and then told 10 days later than had spread to my liver. I am 39 with 3 yr old daughter and 10 month old son. My onc seemed surprise to tell me about my liver as I had no symptoms whatsoever, no sickness or dizziness. The only thing I had was a lower backache, but had put down to lifting my baby, as a little bruiser!!!

I think you should go to the doctors and get checked out, or speak to your onc. After all, no matter what has been in the past, it is your life and your body and you need to find out for your own peace of mind.

Keeping everything crossed for you.

Take care and let us know what you do.

Love
Dawn
x

Hi Susie,
I was in a different position then Dawn where I had wierd symptoms but no-one could figure out what was wrong. If I was in your position if you are not feeling well you need to go to your doc and insist on some diagnostics at least, bloods, CT, scan ultrasound…At least they could put your mind as rest. The NHS is there to keep you well both mentally and physically don’t be fobbed off.
Good luck and let us know how you get on
Allie

Get it checked it may be nothing and then they can put your mind at rest … keep nagging ‘them’ if you have any symptoms they should be checked… I had vague symptoms but they checked and unfortunately my symptoms were something… it is easier to deal with that wondering…

Agree - I just had bad headaches and did not feel right and they thought it might be sinus trouble, then I fell over a few times and my GP insisted an MRI was done. 24 hrs later told had brain mets.

So any aches and pains worth getting checked and keep on til you feel its right.

Tracey xx

Just to add that you mustn’t forget that you’re body has been given a hell of a beating with all the treatment you’ve had. Your health will take some time to recover to anywhere near how it was so try not to panic too much! By the same token , if you are worried then do get it checked, one step at a time. Try not to focus on what ifs, but what can I do about this today.
Take care and try not to worry, good luck.
Love Kitkat