Secondary BC Support Group - Stockton-on-tees

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know there are still places on the new SECA group in Stockton-on-tees.
SECA is a support group that is run by Breast Cancer Care to offer women with a diagnosis of secondary breast cancer a supportive and safe environment to talk to one another about their experiences. The groups is ongoing and is facilitated by two fully qualified therapists.

The group will be held in Stockton-on-Tees, meeting fortnightly on Wednesdays from 6-8pm. The first meeting will be on Wednesday 25 March 2009 but as this is an open group it is OK to begin attending at a later date if this is more suitable.

If you would like to join please contact the Sheffield centre on 0845 077 1893.

Best wishes

maddison maddison says on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm

calling on everyone with secondry breast cancer who lives in Darlington, /dales, sedgefield, stockton, middlesbrough, billinghsm, hartlepool, co.durham, cleveland. (hope i havnt missed anyone out).

I have been attending the new seca support gp which is on alternative wednesdays at the butterwick hospice (in the grounds of North tees hospital)and I am touting for business. Up till now the most we have managed to get there is 3 people including myself.

this group is very informal and we just discuss whatever takes our fancy. topics of conversation last week were - medication, bathrooms, coping with chidren (range from 12 to 21),holidays including insurance. as you can see a wide range of subjects and you dont have to say anything if you dont want to.

i feel that if we dont get some more interest that it will not continue which will be agreat shame as i for one get alot of support talking to ladies in the same boat as me. I also cant believe there are only 3 of us that need this kind of support.

the next one is wed 2nd May 6.15 -7.45 at the butterwick hospice. the time can be abit ackward for some and dont let the setting put you off as we are in a nice quiet rm. we have been discussing different venues and times.

Hoping for some response or to see you

Maddison

Hi Maddison , have just come across your post . Comtacted the sheffield breast care who are looking into seca groups in my area. I live in Northallerton so not too far away When is your next meeting?
Regards.

Hi ruffyp

sorry but havnt been on this site for ages so missed your post. Our support group now meets every oither wed in darlington 11 - 1. Very infromal group and we are looking for new members. would love to hear from you alhtough potentially you could be attending the meeting and I dont know your bcc name!!! Next meeting 21st.

maddison