Secondary Breast Cancer Awareness Day

Hi all,

We’re launching our new Secondary Breast Cancer Awareness Day web pages and before this happens, we want to show the pages to forum members.

For the second year running we will be marking Secondary Breast Cancer Awareness Day on 13 October . We’re holding an event in Westminster to raise awareness among policymakers and continue the campaign to improve the care and support of people living with the disease. We’re also producing a collection of practical tips for people living with secondary breast cancer. You can submit your tip by video too. This guide was the idea of a group of women who’d found information hard to come by, who wanted to share the things they’d discovered along the way that could help others in the same position, and those around them.

To produce the guide, we’ll be collecting ‘the little things that make a big difference’ on our website and printing a selection in a limited edition booklet to be published for 13 October. The guide will be written by people with secondary breast cancer. We know that little things can also make a big difference for family, friends, colleagues and healthcare professionals, so the guide will include tips for them too.

If you’re living with secondary breast cancer, please share the things that have made a difference for you at breastcancercare.org.uk/secondary

Bump! :slight_smile:

Bump!

bump!
great idea Mike and BCC! with think about contribution/s

Great idea.

Bump

Bump

I’ve put a “tip” up about my experiences at work when I was dx with secondaries. M x

Hi all,

Just a reminder to add your tips about living with secondary breast cancer to the Secondary Breast Cancer Awareness Day web page at breastcancercare.org.uk/secondary. We especially need tips by 2 August as we’re printing a selection in a special booklet ready for 13 October. We know that little things can also make a big difference for family, friends, colleagues and healthcare professionals, so we’d like to include tips for them too. Please share the things that have made a difference for you at breastcancercare.org.uk/secondary

Thanks,
Jo, Facilitator

ARe you asking for tips for those recently diagnosed with secondary bc?

Or do you want tips for their family, friends, and the ignorant general public? - I had not heard of secondary breast cancer till I was diagnosed with it myself.

Two very different target audiences!

Hi Mrs Blue, thanks for your question.

As well as tips for other people with SBC, we would also like to publish tips for family, friends, people at work, and healthcare professionals.

So for example, if something small your oncologist does or says makes a big difference at your appointments, and you think it would be good if all oncologists did the same, please add it. Or, if you’re at work and there is something that your colleagues could do to help day-to-day, please post that. Or perhaps a tip for friends or family members.

When you submit your tip on the website, you’ll automatically be asked who it’s for.

best wishes
June, moderator