secondary breast cancer

Hi all

I have just finished my FEC-T, had a mastectomy, go for my second mapping today for radiotherapy.  Since starting the docetaxel, I have complained of breathlessness, and it was always shrugged off as a side effect.

My oncologist said the breathlessness would subside in a couple of weeks.  I had a nagging fear something wasnt right, so contacted my chemo day hospital who did a full blood count the very next day, which came back normal.  One of the nurses said to go to my g.p just to get him to sound my chest.

I went to my g,.p last Wednesday, he said he couldnt hear anything untoward, but to go straight to hospital from the doctor surgery for a chest xray.  I got a letter on Saturday to say there were abnormalities in my thorax and abdomen and that I am to attend for a CT scan on 4th December for further assessment.

Am I just being silly adn imagining the worst? I now have myself with secondary lung and liver cancer!  The CT scan appointment came through very quickly. 

My original diagnosis was Triple Negative Invasive Ductal Carcinoma which was Stage 3.

Can anyone put my mind at rest?  I am just about driving myself mad, half of me is fearing the worst, but half of me is saying just calm down until I get a confirmed diagnosis, it might be nothing serious. 

Hello Christina0

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

ChristinaO
I got very breathless on docetaxel. I thought it was because I was more anaemic but my blood test was normal. My oncologist made me have a scan and I had a hypersensitivity pneumonitis - essentially it is like an allergic reaction in the lungs. It got better with steroids. I have been back scuba diving since

Hoping for positive results for you Christina. You certainly have had the year from hell!
Im sure 2015 will be the turning point for you.
Sending love and big hugz
Bev xxxx ?