secondary lung and particles in my spin

secondary lung and particles in my spin

secondary lung and particles in my spin Hi i have just found out i have secondary lung cancer from my breast with particles in my spine. is there anyone out there with the same as me as would like to see how they are getting on.
Only had breast cancer 2 years ago and back already i am only 33years.

What treatment where you given and how are you doing now anyone the same as me i don’t know weather this is rare or if there is alot of people in the same situation.

Would really appreciate some feedback

Many thanks Lorraine

I have added this post on behalf of Terry.
Kind Regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

Hi Lorraine,

Don’t panic yet !!

My wife had the same and more, and that was more than a year ago, she is still with us. They gave her Taxotere and Xeloda together, the Taxotere was hard and she had 11 sessions of it, which I understand, is a lot. At the end her lung spots had gone almost completely.

She is now on Xeloda alone and her lungs seem OK, her spine is still bad but they can look after that other ways.

Is your liver clear ? I would ask them that. My wife is also young at 43.

I would ask lots of questions, but don´t worry too much.

Kind regards

Terry

thankyou Thankyou for you reply yes that makes me feel abit better, they are starting me on Taxotere this fri haven’t said how many i am having yet. Also having rads for the back pain. Did you wife lose her hair on this treatment?

Many thanks for your feedback

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

Sorry to hear you have joined the secondries “club”, I have extensive bone mets (spine,pelvis,leg,ribs and shoulder) although not in lungs…yet.
My breast cancer and bone mets were all diagnosed at the same time. I too am on Taxotere, just had 3rd out of 9 sessions. Taxotere is quite a tough chemo but its worth it. A lot of my hair came out 2-3 weeks after my 1st chemo so I shaved off what was left. Strangely a little bit seems to be coming back now though.

Good luck with your treatment

Best wishes

Cathie

Hi Lorraine,

Looks like you have got a lot on your plate anyway without this dx (refering to the triplets and your 8 yr old).

I have lung mets and started taxotere in Sept 05. I think you said you only have one lump? hopefully the taxotere should be able to shrink it and better still get rid of it.

You can use a cold cap for your hair and that way get away with only thinning of the hair. Although cold cap is not always sucessful. I found I had a lot of energy with taxotere as they put me on sterioids. My husband would often find me downstairs at 5.00 in the morning cleaning the kitchen!!.

I wish you all the best with this.
Take care

Hair Loss I have posted on behalf of terry
Kind Regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

Hi Lorraine,

I am sorry to say she did lose her hair, not very quickly but it went by about 4 months. However the good news is, it is growing back really nicely now, I call her curly.

Take care

Terry