secondarys in lung and liver

hi ive just been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in liver and lung ,its 16yrs since i had a mastectomy followed by chemo,getting liver bioposy tomorrow to see what type and how best to treat it

While you wait for support from someone in the know I just wanted to say how sorry I am.

I had mastectomy SN and on Tamoxifen since June 09 so I am relatively new to this but be assured that the ladies will support you lots.

Wishing you all the best.
Daisy

Hi Freda,

Sorry to hear that after all this time you have got secondaries. Would you like to tell us a bit more about that first dx and if you have gone trouble-free all the intervening years? I was diagnosed 19 years ago and have had 2ndaries these past 7 years. But I had a lot of recurrences/new primaries etc. over the years and wondered if you had the same problems.

Hope the liver biopsy goes well for you tomorrow and that you get a plan of action soon. There are a lot of ladies here with liver/lung secondaries who I am sure will be along with help and support soon.

Dawn
xx

So sorry Freeda to hear your news - i have had secondaries diagnosed for a year now - to lymph, bones and liver - had taxol and herceptain and zometa and soon to start another chemo - there is a lot of support from wonderful women on this site who will help you through the shock - take care of yourself , jayne x

Hi Freda

So sorry you have had to join our club, and after all these years.

I had a lumpectomy in 2002 and 17 lymph nodes removed - all clear, followed by radiotherapy.

In January 2008 I was discharged from breast clinic and told that I would have to be extremely unlucky for it to come back. In December 2008 I had a bad cold and what I thought was laryngitis, a hoarse voice and a cough. After two lots of anti-biotics from the doctor and being signed off of work to rest my voice, the third doctor sent me for a chest x-ray which showed multiple nodes on my lungs and also abnormalities in the liver - I was diagnosed with secondaries to lungs and liver in April this year, and totally shocked - did not know anything about secondaries.

I know you must be feeling absolutely devastated at the mo, as I was, but as I have found out more about this awful disease I realise there are a lot of treatments out there. I have just had my fifth lot of FEC (one to go) and the worst part of it is the extreme fatigue that I experience in the first week, but the treatment is working and the onc says that spores at the top of my lungs have gone.

I wish you well in your treatment, and hope things go OK for you. The ladies on this site are absolutely lovely, and I am sure you will receive a lot of support from them, as I have done.

with all best wishes, Trixie x

Hi Freda,
Sorry to hear that you have joined our club. I hope you are getting lots of support-you will certainly find it here. I was diagnosed with lung secondaries in april 2007, and remember the complete shock very well. Please do not expect too much of yourself. Having a clear treatment plan helps. macmillan welfare rights advosors are also invaluable at helping you to apply for benefits such as disability living Allowance, which you are entitled to.

Best wishes,
nicky

Hi Freda, just wanted to let you know your not alone. I had the same diagnosis just a few weeks ago, and its in my liver as well. I was prety unwell for a few weeks but I have got the treatment started and I do feel a lot better now. Good luck and if you ever want to talk please email me.

Best wishes, Jackie.

Hi Freda,
I was diagnosed with liver and bone mets. I will start chemo on Wednesday. Still struggling to come to terms with it.
Kelley

Hi everyone ,got my treatment plan yesterday ,i start it thursday 6 taxotere chemos ,and herceptin ,both same day every 3 weeks ,bring it on !!!At least am getting some weed killer now for this horrible weed ,take care luv freda xx

Glad you have your treatment plan and you will feel better once it is under way. Listen to your body and take it easy drink plenty of water.
Good luck to you all.
Love Debsxxx

Hi Freda, Glad to see you have your treatments sorted out now. So sorry to hear your news about secondaries but I am sure you will get lots of support from this site. Our thoughts are with you. I have bone mets and have had on-going treatment for 10years now and feel better now than I did way back then. Hope all goes well with your new treatment. Love Scottishlass

Hi Freda,

I’m sorry to learn of your secondaries diagnosis and hope that you are okay. I have put for you below links to some of BCC’s publications that you may find useful, also you may be interested in joining in ‘live chat’ for those with a secondary diagnosis which is held each Tuesday evening between 8.30p.m. and 9.30pm. I’ll put you the link below.

Secondary resource pack:
breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.718/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/2

Secondaries to the liver:
breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.718/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/9

Secondaries to the lung:
breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.718/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/10

Live chat:
breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.745

I hope some of this information helps. If you need any further information please don’t hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

ahhh thank u all ladies very much ,i have joined the live chat last 2 weeks ,i type so slow i miss all the chat though !!thanx jo bbc,will look at the links now ,take care everyone luv freda xx