Seroma 2 years post surgery???

I had a diagnosis of dcis in June 12 needed mastectomy and reconstruction with LD flap. I didn’t have rads as it was thought it would damage my implant however onc did say I should have it as it was less than 1mm clearance from chest wall! I take Tamoxifen. I have recently developed seroma under the scar on my back. Its causing a severe ache which seems to be in my rib area. Feeling anxious and due a bone scan tomorrow! Onc thinking possible bone mets! I wonder if anyone out there has suffered with seroma like this! Thanks in advance.

Hi Cotts

I’m sorry to read you’re having a tough time at the moment.  Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with experiences and knowledge do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your worries and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

I have now had my bone scan just waiting for the results! Feeling more anxious now as they needed to re scan my rib area. The scan did light up like a christmas tree but am rather hoping this will be arthritis not bone mets! My real anxiety is if they recommend a mri scan I had no idea I was claustrophobic until I had one at diagnosis! I seriously doubt they will get me in the scanner without a very large mallet to my head!!

I have now had my bone scan just waiting for the results! Feeling more anxious now as they needed to re scan my rib area. The scan did light up like a christmas tree but am rather hoping this will be arthritis not bone mets! My real anxiety is if they recommend a mri scan I had no idea I was claustrophobic until I had one at diagnosis! I seriously doubt they will get me in the scanner without a very large mallet to my head!! I have also found out that the dcis was high grade what ever that means!