Severity of side effects

I am just wondering if I can get a consensus of the severity of peoples side effects, how long they last and if they can posibly be permanant.
I had my last Tax treatment 3 weeks ago and am booked for the first of my 35 radiations next week.
My feet are so swollen I cannot get shoes on. My legs are so swollen I cannot pull on a pair of jeans. My fingertips are numb but very painful at times. I do not trust holding something for very long in fear of dropping it. The shortness of breath is severe. I cannot stand for any period of time let alone walk. Is this usual for side effects? I would appreciate any feedback.
Sincerely,
pinknurserebecca

Hi pinknurserebecca,I had the same side effects as you when I was having tax but I dont think mine were quite as bad as yours.I finished chemo about a year and a half ago,and my fingers and toes are still a little bit numb especialy my toes it feels like pins and needles.I also couldn’t wear shoes because of swollen feet and was thankful that it was the begining of summer, I lived in flip-flops.It can take a long time to get back to anything like normal,and rads can also make you feel tired.Iam now more or less back to how I used to be, although my energy level is still a little low but that could be because of lack of exercise lol.

best wishes Mel xx

PS I also remember my finger tips really hurting, and having no finger nails, and trying to do up buttons,that was really painful.

best wishes Mel xx