shrinking right breast

I have always had slight difference in size but not that noticable, but recently, the right has got a lot smaller, I havn’t lost any weight infact 2/3 lbs heavier than normal, I can just feel it in myslf it looks totally different although no pain or anything. I went to the doctors yesterday, was a locom, she examined and said the bigger right side was ‘lumpy bumpy’ (her exact medical term!)and the smaller side felt normal, she said to come back in 2/3 weeks if i wanted if i was still worried, she didn’t seem concerned at all, I came off the pill 10 months ago n she said it could be that but 10 months later is that right!!??

has anyone any experience of this, could it just be normal, doesn’t feel it to me

(the nipple is kind of shrunken up on the bottom/side too)

Hi

Welcome to the forums, I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon.
In the meantime you may find it useful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 – 2.00

Best wishes
June, moderator

Hi Taryll

If you feel somethings not right go back, you don’t say your age. But if you have been concerned enough to come on this site please go back. be prepared with info, ie where abouts in your period cycle are you, how long you have noticed this, is there any family history. Chances are if it was a locom you will be seen by another doc.

it could be nothing but just get it checked

rhian x

I agree. Go straight back. You know your own breasts, and if your not happy, they should be checked out at breast clinic. Could be nothing but better safe than sorry. Good luck darl. xxx

Hiya tarylxx (have I got that wrong? prob)

I agree with the ladies do go back .
Just to tell you my breast cancer did cause me the odd stabbing pain and it’s BULL CRAP if any doctor tells you it’s a good sign if it’s been hurting.

Are you sure your boob is going smaller and not the other one getting bigger? it’s just if you say it’s lumpy & bumpy.
Make sure you get them Both checked out.

It might be nothing but if it is it’s better to get on with treatment as soon as you can.
hope in your case it’s nothing to worry about but we are all here for you whatever. take care caron xx

Hi Taryll

‘Ditto’ - please go back and I’d suggest write down your observations/concerns etc and don’t let doc turn you away if you’re still not happy. (My doc sent me on my way 3 times in error).

Good luck and hope all turns out well. xx