Shropshire ladies!

Shropshire ladies!

Shropshire ladies! Hi Kaz & Ju,

hope you are both doing ok. Just writing about the forthcoming pink ribbons meeting on May 16th. I am still hoping to meet you both but have just found out that I start epi at RSH on Mon 14th so am not sure how I am going to feel and if I will be able to make it.

Fingers crossed I will still be there and I will do my best to come as I really do need to meet you ladies and be able to talk to people who truly know how it feels to have bc.

Anyway, if I am feeling too rough I shall let you know asap that I won’t be able to meet you.

Keep in touch and hope to see you on the 16th,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Kelly,

I’ll be thinking of you on the 14th, hope it goes ok, a friend of mine who had epi said that she generally felt ok for a couple of days after, it was around day 3 that she started to feel alittle sick, and that usually lasted about 3 days.

Hopefully see you on the 16th, keep in touch

Kaz

Hiya Kelly

Good luck on the 14th. The staff at RSH are great. Michelle did a lot of mine and she is really nice, they all are.

Unfortunately I was a bit ill with my first Epi. Felt fine until 2am when I was sick and then I felt sick for 5 days but wasnt physically sick again. I am sure you will be fine but thought I’d better warn you it does generally knock you about a bit.

Hopefully hear from you soon. Good luck once again.

Ju xx

Good luck Hi Kelly,

I know I replied earlier in the month but just wanted to say again good luck and that I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow and over the next few days.

Take it easy and hopefully see you on Wednesday.

Ju x

Hi Kelly,

I too just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow, I’ll be thinking of you and look forward to hopefully meeting you on the 16th.

Take Care and Stay Positive

Kaz
xx

Thanks ladies! Hi ladies,

thanks for thinking of me. I had my first Epi down at the CDC at RSH yesterday and it was nowhere near as scary as I had imagined it to be. The staff are all so lovely!

Taking my anti-sickness meds religiously and so far so good! Hoping that I will be feeling ok for the meeting tomorrow as I really want to go. All being well I will meet you in reception at the main entrance at PRH for 7.20 pm.

Hope to see you all tomorrow and hope you are all well,

Love,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Kelly,

Glad to hear that your first Epi has gone well.

The staff at RSH are great and really made me feel at ease.

Hopefully see you tomorrow.

Ju x

Hi Ju and Kelly,

Glad to hear you are both well and your first epi went ok Kelly.

Looking forward to meeting you both tomorrow

Kaz
xx

Hi Ju and Kelly,

Just thought I’d let you know I am now out of hospital and well pleased with my bilateral reconstruction.

I was in theatre apparently 6 1/2 hours then on morphine drip and oxygen for 24 hours after.

The pain is managable with basic pain relief the worse part is trying to get comfortable with stitches front and back and two drains in your sides, but I feel it is well worth it now I’m back home.

I do have a build up of fluid in my back that may need draining when I go back to hosp on Monday, not sure of my actual size yet as got dressings on but I think I’m not far off what I was before - so well happy.

I’ll sign off as my arms are aching, hopefully see you both at the next meeting, hope you are both keeping well

See you soon

Kaz
xx

So pleased Hiya Kaz,

Have been thinking of you lots and wondered how you have been. Even asked Mr Prinsloo and without going into detail (patient confidentiality and all that) he said you were doing well.

Glad that you are happy with what has been done and that it hasnt been too traumatic for you. Hopefully that’s the end of it all for you now so you can move on.

See you at the next meeting - definitely.

Ju x

Nice one! Hi Kaz,

have been wondering how you were doing and whether or not you were home yet. Julia did say that she had discreetly asked about you and you were doing fine.

Glad to hear you are well pleased with your new boobies! I bet its lovely to be home too. Hope the pain continues to be managable and your back sorts itself out. I am feeling a little sorry for myself today. Had my second epi on weds and my hair has now started falling out bigtime. I knew it would happen sooner rather than later and my OH had already shaved it off for me in preparation but it hasn’t really made it any easier to handle! Anyhoo, enough of my woes, I’m sure I’ll be back to my usual chipper self tomorrow!

Was lovely to meet you all at the pink ribbons, thanks so much for agreeing to meet me and Julia. Looking forward to the next meeting already!

Take care and enjoy your weekend,

speak soon,

Kelly
-x-