Side effects of Tamoxifen

Have been on Tamoxifen for about 7 months. Some usual side effects such as weight gain and fatigue. Now have a lot of mouth ulcers, particularly on the lips and discolouration of tongue. This is also having the effect of losing taste senses. I have also suffered constipation since starting Tamo.
Went to GP who said these are all common side effects of Tamoxifen, but I can find no information about this. Does anyone have experience of these side effects and if so any ideas how to minimize them. Also will my body adjust and these ulcers etc stop?

HI, Keremma,
I have been on Tamoxifen for about 18 months, I also have gained weight and am very tired, and wake in the night very hot. I have had an odd voice too, like croaky throat but not sdore, apparently singers get voice probs when on Tam, although I am not a singer unless you call, singing nursery rhymes to my grand daughter being a singer.
Like you I have had odd bouts of mouth ulcers, my pharmacist who is very reliable said prob the Tam and I have used Difflam mouth wash from chemist ( usually behind counter so you have to ask for it), I used it when I had ulcers when on chemo, works well for me, hope it does for you too.

Other than that not too bad,
As long as it keeps oestrogen away I can deal with side effects.

Take care
Dawn XX

Hi
I have been on Tamoxifen for just coming up a year, like you i have had sore joints tiredness mouth ulcers etc but my new one at the momment is i have pain in my tail bone and when i stand up it is really painful Gp said he thinks its of the hormones. But we just have to put up with all thease aches and pains i rather have them
take care x

Thanks for the feedback it is good to know that I am not alone

I’ve been on Tamoxifen for about a year and like you do have aches and pains but wasn’t really sure if it’s the tablets or the 8 chemos I went through which I’m told isn’t kind to the joints! All I do know is that since my treatment my body takes longer to heal - so I guess it’s just patience! But it’s a pain feeling older than we are, isn’t it?!! As if we don’t feel bad enough already!! Susie